Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to handle nightvision+light source?

Edited 1497621317
Hey guys! Recently upgraded my account to Pro and I'm amazing with the amount of things that can be done using the API. I'm planning to create scripts to share with the community but for now I have a question related to Torch! script. Really easy to use and the ability to let players to set their own light source is great, but everytime they snuff their light sources they original nightvision values get deleted, is there a way to handle nightvision + another light source in the same token? for what I read Torch creates additional light sources. Someone knows what I'm doing wrong?
If I recall correctly, the Torch script's !flicker command works exactly like the !torch command, except that it creates an invisible token that emits the light (and also has a cool flicker effect) instead of editing the existing token's light settings.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You are correct. =D
ohh, I didn't know that. I will give it a look to the !flicker command. Thanks guys!
The Aaron said: You are correct. =D Hey Aaron, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but the light source is not following my token. stays in the same place always. For now I'm just testing the script with: !flicker-on 40 20 yes @{selected|token_id} or this one !flicker-on 40 20 yes @{target|token_id
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
hmm.. if you wanna PM me an invite and GM me, I can come over and try to debug it for you?
The Aaron said: hmm.. if you wanna PM me an invite and GM me, I can come over and try to debug it for you? Done! Thanks for helping me Aaron :)
Tony R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Heya, I also have noticed that !flicker-on creates a light source on the dynamic lighting layer that doesn't move with my token. Tested it in a new campaign with the current, script library version of Torch. It also doesn't appear to flicker like I remember it did in the past.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It only updates if there are players on the page.  Drag the ribbon or yourself to that page and it should work fine.  There didn't used to be a way to know where the GM was looking, but now that there is, I should update that.  Sorry for the confusion!
Tony R.
Pro
Sheet Author
That fixed it. Thanks!