Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking For Group - learn English by playing

When my friend said he needs to practice his English to get promotion at work I jumped into idea of having RPG sessions on Roll20 to polish his linguistic skills. That’s why I’d like to invite all of you, but more than anything those who are worried of taking part in the game because are not fully confident in their communication skills. Don’t worry, it’s going to be game made for people who want to learn and have fun in the same time. I’m planning to run one-shot games so you don’t have commit to anything. Maybe some mini campaigns. Planning to run first game late June or early July but still working on my schedule because of work commitments. We’ll be playing GMT evenings. Around 6pm London time or 7pm Berlin time. I was thinking of running D&D 5e because it's most widely known and would be easy to get people to join. If group decides I'm happy to run some other games like: Dungeon World, Torchbearer, Burning Wheel, Call of Cthulhu, The One Ring, 13th Age, Fate Core. Please feel free to contact me if you're interested.
Hello, my name is Brandon. I am a native English speaker like you, from the state of Kansas in the USA. I think what you're doing sounds awesome. I also love to help people with English. I have a girlfriend that is native Honduran, so I know how important patience and practice can be when helping non native speakers. I am new to the game. I have a character made already. I have dabbled a bit in this game with a few friends before they got tired of playing for various reasons. I would love to join you, but if the new player thing is a deal breaker, then i understand. Thanks!

Edited 1497814863
Hi Brandon! Don't worry about not being familiar with D&D. To be fair it's going to be my first time running this game system. Other guy never played D&D before (we both have 20 years of RPG experience but not D&D). Thing I'm worrying is time difference. You sure you'll be able to join European evening? Also if we have roughly four players we'll stick with D&D. With less we'll consider something else that can be played in smaller group. Dungeon World comes to mind or Burning Wheel. EDIT: Feel free to create your character in official 5e sheet on Roll20; I'll let you to import that sheet into our game.
Hi there, This sounds exactly the kind of group I'd be looking for. I've no prior experience with D&D or Rolls20, so I need somewhere to start. The times also suit me. All I would need is a little prior warning about game dates so that I can plan it into my week. If I can be part of this, let me know and we can chat things through :-) Kind regards, Andy
Hi Andy!  I'd love to have you on the team. Just I'd like to warn you that I'm doing this to help my mate practising his English (he need to improve to get promotion at work). If you don't mind that I'm happy to have you in the team. Game dates will be discussed as my work schedule is just crazy so we will plan on case to case basis. Are you ok to roll up the character? If not I can help you out. What's your time zone?
Hi, Yes, I am happy to support your friend. As long as you are both happy to take me through the game mechanics as we go? I have my first D&D session with a group of friends this coming weekend but given that none of us have played before, I might have more questions by the time we game. What do you mean by "roll up the character"? I'd appreciate any support you can give. I'm in Edinburgh so I'm only an hour behind you so a 6pm GMT start time would be fine with me. I'd just need prior warning of dates/times so I can plan too (as I have a young family). Regards, Andy
Roll up character = create character. It comes from rolling stats in old D&D. Even if new edition actually let you "pick" stats. I can help you out any evening this week excepy Thursday as I'm working early and I'm home all evenings.