Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can you rotate a map?

Working on one for my Call of Cthulhu game, the maps in the PDF, I can get to fit into a 1-page jpg in Paint, but only if I rotate them right 90 degrees.  I'm not seeing a Rotate Image thing on the GM page, or if there is, I missed it. Game's in an hour, anyone know this?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
As an image on the tabletop? Yeah, it works just like a character token. You may need to put it on a layer other than the map layer to see the rotation handle,can't remember.
You mean like rotate inside Roll20? You can do so by simply clicking on the map and clicking on a blue circle located in the center-topmost position of said map, just like you would rotate in any image-editing software
Scott C. said: As an image on the tabletop? Yeah, it works just like a character token. You may need to put it on a layer other than the map layer to see the rotation handle,can't remember. You can see it in the map layer, yeah
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Cool, been awhile since I've had to make a new map
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Here is the wiki page about  rotating art assets and such. Wiki quoted:  You can also rotate a selected token by holding down the E key while scrolling your mouse wheel. This will rotate snap it to 45° or 30° increments. If you also hold down the Alt key, the token will rotate one degree at a time.
Thanks, all!  Got this now!

Edited 1497874950
Just as an aside; a shortcut for rotating a token is to select it, hold down 'E' and use your mouse wheel Alt+E and it will free-rotate instead of snapping to 45 degree increments.  This will be easier than shrinking it down to see the handle and rotating by dragging.