Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Game not listed

Edited 1497838200
Frequently when I check to see if our game is listed using the search function to search for games, one of my games is not listed.  We have open spots, the search terms are correct, we have checked on multiple accounts and computers.  It just won't be listed for some reason and we can't figure out why it only lists the game sometimes. Doesn't matter what collection of search terms we put into things, our game sometimes just won't show up at all. Edit: To be clear this is an intermittent problem.  I used the search function with the parameters listed and got only 2 games, then hit it again changing nothing and got 1 game.  I went to the forums and back, and searched again and found 10 games (including the game that showed on all 3 searches and the 2 that showed on the initial search).
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Gary M . I was able to find your LFG Listing through this search (your Listing was the third of three search results). Are you able to see the same?
Silvyre said: Hi, Gary M . I was able to find your LFG Listing through this search (your Listing was the third of three search results). Are you able to see the same? I edited because I wanted to make it clear that it wasn't something that was constant.  It is only sometimes.  I clicked the same search 3 times over the course of 30 minutes and got 3 different results.  Only one of which contained our game.
Silvyre said: Hi, Gary M . I was able to find your LFG Listing through this search (your Listing was the third of three search results). Are you able to see the same? Also... why are there now only 3 results instead of the 10 when I searched an hour ago?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Gary , are you still experiencing that discrepency in search results using this search ? I haven't been able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. To further troubleshoot this issue, could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Silvyre said: Gary , are you still experiencing that discrepency in search results using this search ? I haven't been able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. To further troubleshoot this issue, could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you! When it happens again, I'll do all those things.  Unfortunately for trouble shooting purposes it doesn't happen all the time.  I did use different browsers and checked with multiple different people to see if they were experiencing the same problem (3 other members of the game searched and had the same problem).  We could see other games (in fact we could all see the same list that did not include our game).  I don't think it would have anything to do with a cache as there were people in different parts of the planet experiencing the same problem, but I will add that to the list of things to do next time we notice it is hidden.

Edited 1500473622
So this time I did all those steps and here are the results: It shows some results, but does not show our campaign right now.  There is no reason for this that I can figure out. The results are identical before and after clearing the cache, and when using different browsers and different computers.
The next game date in your first screenshot is June 24, which is in the past. Do you have a future date in that field now?
Rabulias said: The next game date in your first screenshot is June 24, which is in the past. Do you have a future date in that field now? I posted the wrong screen shot. But yes the date was in the future and it showed add active on that page
I'll post the correct one when I get home
No need to update the screenshot; we believe you. :-)
I actually found the other screenshot that I took, but I didn't take a picture to show the date.  I just made sure to show that it says on our page "Active" when we are not listed.