Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Find Game is glitching, not retaining Roll20Con filter after the first page

Pierre S.
Pro
Translator
The Find Game is glitching if I look strictly for Roll20Con events.  I check the box to filter only Roll20Con events, and at the bottom I get indicators showing links to 3 pages of results. After reading page 1 I click the "2" box to go to page 2, but the Roll20Con box at the top unchecks and it gives me at least 19 pages of new results (the complete set of LFG games being advertised).  Fortunately, the Roll20Con-checked events are still listed first, but no non-Roll20Con events should have ended up in the search at all.  Please fix this if you can.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!

Edited 1498020113
Pierre S.
Pro
Translator
I have changed browsers, turned off extensions and my anti-virus and cleared my cache.  Always the same behaviour:  When I start a Find Game search with the Roll20Con filter on, when I go to the bottom and choose page 2, or the >> arrows to go to the next page, the Roll20Con filter unchecks and I get the whole contents of new games, although the events tagged Roll20Con stay at the first three pages so it is still usable, but many more pages of unrelated events follow. The Console Log is returning a message that looks like this: [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking 'touchstart' event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive. v2.js?1493911950:2 [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking 'mousewheel' event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive. v2.js?1493911950:2 [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking 'touchstart' event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive. v2.js?1493911950:2 [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking 'touchmove' event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive. v2.js?1493911950:2 [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking 'touchstart' event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive. v2.js?1493911950:2 [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking 'mousewheel' event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive. v2.js?1493911950:2 [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking 'touchstart' event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive. v2.js?1493911950:2 [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking 'touchmove' event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Thanks!  I'll escalate this to the Devs, but if you could include a complete console log, starting from the time you load up the game finder and continuing through to when you no longer get Roll20Con games showing -- that would be a big help for them :)

Edited 1498067533
Pierre S.
Pro
Translator
That looks like all there is.  The messages above only appear after I load up the game finder and just after I check the Roll20Con box as a filter and click Find Games.  It does not react or complain to anything else even in "verbose" log mode.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Alrighty.  I pinged the Devs when I responded to you earlier, so hopefully they will be able to help you :)
I am having the same problem

Edited 1498234422
Thanks for the heads up all - we've coded a fix that will go out asap. Of note, Roll20CON games do get priority in the LFG search during the event, meaning that despite losing the Roll20CON search options, you are still seeing all of the Roll20CON games first in the LFG Tool."
Fixed! Thanks again!