Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need suggestions on how to get an annoying mechanic to work with roll20

Edited 1498393177
I've been having trouble figuring out a way to get an annoying mechanic to work with roll20. It's the maneuvers readied/granted page for Mystic in pathfinder  (Link here) It reads: A mystic can ready five of her seven maneuvers known at 1st level, and as she advances in level and learns more maneuvers, she is able to ready more, but must still choose which maneuvers to ready. A mystic must always ready her maximum number of maneuvers readied. She readies her maneuvers by meditating for ten minutes. The maneuvers she chooses remain readied until she decides to meditate again and change them. The mystic does not need to sleep or rest for any long period of time in order to ready her maneuvers; any time she spends ten minutes in meditation, she can change her readied maneuvers. A mystic begins an encounter with all her readied maneuvers unexpended, regardless of how many times she might have already used them since she chose them. When she initiates a maneuver, she expends it for the current encounter, so each of her readied maneuvers can be used once per encounter (unless she recovers them, as described below). Mystics are unique among martial disciples in that they rely on surging, primal arcane forces within their being to fuel their martial maneuvers. Because of this, they do not have full control over their readied maneuvers; when a mystic readies her maneuvers, she selects two of her readied maneuvers to be immediately granted to her for use at any time (when these two maneuvers are used outside of combat, they recover on their own in the following round), with the rest of her initially randomized maneuvers waiting to be granted in combat. The remainder of her readied maneuvers are withheld and currently inaccessible until combat begins. If she is able to act in a surprise round when combat begins, she is granted her maneuvers then as normal, but if she is caught unaware, she must wait until her initiative before her maneuvers are granted (beyond the initial two). At the end of each of her combat turns, one previously withheld maneuver (randomly determined) is granted to her, and thus becomes accessible for her next turn and subsequent turns. She can freely choose to initiate any maneuver that is currently granted when her turn begins, but she cannot initiate a withheld maneuver. If the mystic chooses not to employ a maneuver in a given round, her currently granted maneuvers remain available, and a previously withheld maneuver is granted, as described above. In other words, it doesn’t matter if she uses her maneuvers or not—at the end of each of her turns, one withheld maneuver from her selection of readied maneuvers is granted to her. Over the course of a few rounds, all the mystic’s maneuvers will eventually be granted. A mystic can change the two readied maneuvers she has chosen to be immediately granted for use at any time by spending one minute meditating. If, at the end of the mystic’s turn, she cannot be granted a maneuver because she has no withheld maneuvers remaining, she recovers all expended maneuvers, and a new group of readied maneuvers is granted to her, replacing her previously granted maneuvers if any remain unspent. She selects two of her choice (and gains the remainder of granted maneuvers as randomized selections, see below). At the end of her next turn, a withheld maneuver is granted to the mystic, and the process of surging power begins again. So the farthest I've gotten is having to muck around with rollable tables, but beyond that I don't know how I could make that work, or if I even could. Do you guys think it'd be possible? Or should I just ask my GM to houserule a different system in?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Have you thought of making a card deck?  The deck would contain a card for each of your maneuvers.  Choose your known readied maneuvers, you always have those, when combat starts, draw an appropriate number of cards from the reamaining cards in the deck.
That's what I was thinking, Vince.  You could set it so that the player could choose, but then also draw, for when it needs to be random.  She can choose the readied maneuvers, and then have remaining ones dealt to her.  The GM can choose to deal a certain number of cards from the deck to a player, or to all players.