Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[BUG] Character.set('bio','sometext'); don't work now ?!

Since the update Character.set('bio','sometext'); and Character.get('bio'); do not work. With "Character.set('bio'..." nothing happens and "Character.get('bio'..." is the result: "1387231566730" if the charakter bio text = "test". ... but i like the cool new stuff ;-)
"Character.set('gmnotes','sometext');" has the same problem. I have made a copy of the campaign for the Dev server. There is the same problem. Strangely enough on fist open on the Dev server, there were the "bio" and "gmnotes" entries on the character are now entries other than on the normal server. Rather, it look like records from the (not working) API test with ".set bio" from the normal server. ...
Or is just something wrong here? If someone like to test it: copy this script to ur API and type: !test charactername in ur chat Warning: if it works, it will overwrite the existing charakter bio ! create a new character to be save ... on('chat:message', function(msg) { if(msg.type != 'api') return; if(msg.type == "api" && msg.content.indexOf("!test ") !== -1) { var oParts = msg.content.toLowerCase().split(' '); oParts.shift().substring(1); if (oParts.length > 0) { oCharName = oParts[0]; // Recombine the name if it's more than one word for (i=1; i<oParts.length; i++) { oCharName = oCharName + ' ' + oParts[i];} } else {oCharName = oParts}; if(!oCharName) { sendChat('System', 'Error: No character name given'); //Returns an error if no character name was chosen return;}; var oChar = findObjs({name: oCharName, _type: 'character'}, {caseInsensitive: true})[0]; //Finds the character object if(oChar == undefined) { sendChat('System', 'Error: No character by the name of ' + oCharName + ' found.'); return;}; oChar.set('bio','sometext'); //try to write "sometext" into bio sendChat(oChar.get('name'),'charakter my bio = sometext?!'); } });
1387285774
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't think its you.....
1387315203
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Stephen S. said: I don't think its you..... I am seeing the same thing with bio and notes in handouts, if you put some text in the bio then do a get on it, it will return some int.
yes ur right, one of the only target to write a little more text with API are Abilities now ... and i have to run my "virtual backpack" (a lot of items as text) as backpack-ability, this sucks ... maybe i try to write it into a macro box ... pls fix it ;-)
1387529119
Gauss
Forum Champion
I have filed a bug report with the Devs regarding this.
1387530124
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Gauss said: I have filed a bug report with the Devs regarding this. Thanks Gauss
Sorry about that. I meant to fix this before things went live but it slipped under the radar. I will get it fixed as soon as possible.
1387552357
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Riley D. said: Sorry about that. I meant to fix this before things went live but it slipped under the radar. I will get it fixed as soon as possible. No problem Riley all the cool updates more than make up for the 1 or 2 bug we have had.
1387939540
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is this fixed for the hand outs?
Is this still broken?
It also happens with a journal's gmnotes (at least it did a few days ago)...
1389989271
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is there still an issue with updating notes in handouts? Or am I screwing up?
1390058735
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Stephen S. said: Is there still an issue with updating notes in handouts? Or am I screwing up? Yes issue has not been fixed.
1390062932
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You ever get the feeling Riley is just messing with us? Or have I just been play too much...
Holding off on my character sheet generator until we get an update. Too much snow makes me yearn for these projects. Quick before it all melts!
Is this fixed?