Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5th Edition OGL by Roll20] Retroactively set "Always Whisper" / "Never whisper" rolls to character sheets

Giger
Pro
API Scripter
I have the premade Curse of Strahd and even other games where I want my NPC's to always whisper. If i change it in the game settings it doesn't work on everything already made?  So i still need to manually change the setting as i go. Is there an API that'll cursor through character sheets to toggle the option?  Or a way to make the game settings work on stuff retroactively? 
Jakob's ChatSetAttr could do this for you.

Edited 1498829003
Giger
Pro
API Scripter
Thanks for the tip, I've tried playing around with the silent and mute options, but it's not changing the whispering of roles :( It works!!  Took a bit of fumbling about but i can use !setattr --allgm --wtype|/w gm to update all NPCs :)
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I'm glad you found a solution, but you should also be able to do this using without using the API. See: Applying Setting Defaults to Existing Content In-Game
Giger
Pro
API Scripter
Silvyre said: I'm glad you found a solution, but you should also be able to do this using without using the API. See: Applying Setting Defaults to Existing Content In-Game This is precisely the functionality I was looking for, so thank you so much.