Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Rollback Fail *HELP*

Edited 1499272803
So, due to some "api script" failure. I wasn't able to enter into the "api" area under my game settings. So i got the bright idea of "rolling back" my game to prior i added the script. I just finished the first  session of my new Campaign last night (Lost mine of Phandelver) ( which would be 1:30am 7/2), looking at the "rollback"feature in the help wiki, it says backups are done 4-6am PST.  Great! I would rollback to the backup that was taking this morning (7/2) and all is fine. WRONG! the rollback Wiped campaign play, as well as Character sheets, tokens, etc.. Gone to a time that was before we started to play HELP! Why did this happen if a save state was done?  it is 24hours since i started the game, and in-between a time a backup/save state would have been taken. I would REALLY love to get that state return, or very least my character sheets restore for my players so i can just adjust the game as they left it. Thanks!
Devs are off today?
*BUMP* REALLY looking for some help or some response on this.. 
Still waiting for a response to this issue, even if its to F'off.. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Terrelle, unfortunately you may have fallen victim to the US holiday... &nbsp; I would suggest sending an email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> for help.
Yup, did that yesterday.. :(
Hi Terrelle, I apologize for the delayed response. After some investigation, it looks on my end as if everything is there. Is there something in particular that is missing at this point? And is there any way to verify that it was made prior to the rollback save you were trying to recover?

Edited 1499379009
Hey Drespar,&nbsp; No, everything isn't there actually. The game had progressed for hours with a total of 5 players involved. I just ( like in the last hour) went in and "killed" the NPC's that the PC's eliminated in preparation of our game on sat (i hadn't heard anything from you guys). However that leaves the player character sheets. If you noticed, there are 2 that are "complete" which would have been completed at the time of the "save" &nbsp;however three more players were added, character sheets created, and updated. Looking at the current game you can see that 2 out of the 3 (Character template 1 &2) are placeholders with nothing in them ( because i added those). Those are supposed be Character Sheets that were completed during the game on July 1-July2 (1:30am). I did roll back on July 2, 10:00pm or so. There should have been a "save" with the characters sheets at 4-6am that morning. &nbsp;But when i choose "july 2" &nbsp;it rolled back to "july 1st" &nbsp;with 3 of party memebers missing. What you see now is what i have added in the last couple of hours, not from the rollback.
Could you create a copy of this game so I can attempt an additional rollback? I would hate for you to lose all of the repair work you just accomplished.

Edited 1499380211
Sure thing.. &nbsp; and Done
Alright, I performed a rollback to July 3rd and it would appear as if everything has been returned. Could you check it out to confirm?

Edited 1499381178
Uhhh &nbsp;I'll check, but July 3rd would be after i discovered my stuff was gone. &nbsp;The game was played between July 1st, and July 2nd (am), The original rollback didn't happen till July 2nd around 9-10pm that day. I'll check and see.. maybe magic happened :) Ok, i checked, and YES &nbsp;the character sheets, and even the player tokens are back to where they were..&nbsp; THANK YOU! &nbsp; Magic DOES HAPPEN!!! Terrelle
Glad to help! It is a sometimes counter-intuitive nomenclature. So your July 2nd data would be stored in the July 3rd save since it is taken so early in the morning. Regardless, good luck (and loot!)