Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Experienced role players looking for story driven DM/GM for D&D 5e on Thursdays

Edited 1499365131
EllaM
Plus
Hi, i'm posting this on behalf of my group, we are a bunch of experienced players in d&d 5e that are looking for a new thursday game and DM/GM. We're mostly looking for a DM that is thoroughly story driven, allows the great RP that we like to bring to our games to flow and influence the world around us and someone who is cool with running a long story based campaign based in narrative and great story telling. We are all critters if that helps at all, we all have a firm understanding of the rules and have played the game for years between us and like a good mix of role play, exploration and combat.  We are all looking for a game to played around 6pm/7pm GMT+1 for around 3-4 hours a week. If you are interested either message me or post on this thread. We look forward to hopefully having a great new DM/GM next week (Perhaps).
I usually have a hard time finding players who are heavy into RP. My DM style is RP about 60-70% of the time with combat at about 30-40%. I'm currently putting together a Dark Sun 5E campaign. There would be race and class restrictions to fit the flavor of Dark Sun. For example, there are no dragon born, tiefling, dark elf, high elf, etc. There are psionics, aarakocra, muls, half-giants.   I prefer to build a sandbox world with an end goal and have the players flesh out the rest. You'd hear "What do you do next" a lot as I try my best not to railroad players. Some rail roading is necessary but I keep it to a minimum.  I'm not sure what a critter is or BST is. I could swing a weekly Thursday game from 7pm to 9pm PST. I'd want to know more about the group and do a dry run. Let me know what you think. 
I think you found your guy in me, I love RP and having the players matter in the world. I am not totally experienced in D&D 5E but I'm not a total newb either. I have an idea for a game about a Vampire Blood conspiracy and you are the ones investigating it, if that sounds up your alley. If not I am sure I can chat with you about any other thing you would be interested I do like coming up with different ideas.