Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Lowest performance hit?

I don't plan to do it, but I'm curious if anyone knows. If I had a dungeon with 1000 rooms, and wanted to number them all, would it be better to use: 1000 individual text objects using the Text tool built into Roll20. 1000 unique image files containing the text of the numbers. Only 10 image files that are used to spell out the numeric values.  This would result in 1000 tokens on the board, but they are made of just 10 different tokens used multiple times.  This might make the performance hit less.  (I have no idea, just a theory.) Thanks for any input.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
My guess would be that text would be more efficient, but short of testing, I don't know for sure...
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
An image file is going to have a lot more overhead than a text vector.
Thanks for the input, gentlemen!