Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dungeon Buddies: LEGENDS

PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
I'm back after an imposed absence (I've been living in  one of Russ Hapke's maps , and it was so good I didn't realise it wasn't the real world until I stumbled across a sock goblin) and ready to make some art.  I need to warm up again though so I wondered if this might help... Do you like Dungeons? Do you  like to adventure in them with your Buddies ? Then no doubt there's a  Dungeon Buddy for you. But... what if there isn't one that exactly fits your character?  Well, I've got you Buddy. Post your character description below and I'll create the first 15 or so that catch my eye in a new pack called Dungeon Buddies: LEGENDS . As thanks for sharing your cool character ideas you'll receive a PM with your artwork in it, and they will all feature in the pack on sale via the Roll20 Marketplace.  By taking part you agree to allow me to sell that artwork via the Marketplace, and that your character is not the intellectual property of another, or breaking copyright etc. That's right, a FREE CUSTOM Dungeon Buddy token of your own and a chance to immortalise your character in the upcoming pack.  So spin me a tale to catch my eye, and become a true LEGEND !
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ooooh!!!!  Welcome back!  Now I've got to think about some legendary characters!!!
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Custom Dungeon Buddy??? Squeeee!!!! gotta think, gotta think...
Gold
Forum Champion
This new Dungeon Buddy Legend would be a Hippo-Folk, sometimes called a Giff. His Legends name would be my character name, Portto The Giff Musketeer . It's a hippo-headed humanoid, and he would be almost like one of your  Astro Buddies , because Giff are associated with Spelljammer setting (D&D fantasy mixed with space opera). It's a hippo-headed space humanoid, usually with a musket or blunderbuss, not a space gun or laser gun, but more of a pirate pistol. He can be wearing a yellow coat from the English civil war, and boots, and a bandolier, or the outfit can be changed. The unique feature for the Buddies token collection is making a hippo-head and face. Any kind of Giff buddy would be cool and unique. There are a few pictures and more description of  Portto The Giff Musketeer in our campaign journals. I love Dungeon Buddies. We used  Monster Pack One extensively in my last campaign when we played an Orc & Goblin town. (The PC's were the orcs).
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Russ H. said: Custom Dungeon Buddy??? Squeeee!!!! gotta think, gotta think... Obviously, the solution is to ask for a Dungeon Buddy version of Squee. The cabin-hand of the Skyship Weatherlight, known for foul cooking and a love of eating bugs. He's a genius among Dominarian goblins, and he was granted a form of immortality so that Ertai and Crovax could kill him over and over. Then he killed Ertai. On accident.
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the suggestions gold and Brian, please check your respective inboxes for your Legends :D
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Iksuda Qataya What happens to a Dwarf who follows the god of Athleticism and Skill, but he is otherwise shunned from normal society? Well, for starters he shaves off all the hair except for a mohawk, doubles down on his devotion to the Athletics God and becomes the D&D equivalent of a Mexican Wrestler... What's that? I need to deal with a massive skeleton? I immolate myself in magical flame, and then bear hug the skeleton until it is dust. An ankheg came up through the ground? I rush forward taunting it the whole way, and choke-hold it until it passes out from the crushing damage of my biceps. A Remorhaz appears? I should increase my size magically, immolate myself, and then bearhug that massive cockroach back under the snow... dead.
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Andrew, check your PMs and he should be there in all his beardless glory!
What about a human who's mutated into a rat. Wears goggles and wields a scifi-ish SMG? He'd be wearing a black suit.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ziechael the Harvester A humble farmer and fourth of four children, Ziechael never wanted much from life. He was as happy reaping the fields as he was having a tankard of ale at the local tavern. Following standard protocol he married the daughter of a neighbouring farmer, someone he'd known all his life but never paid much attention to, his brothers were all married bar the eldest whose wife had passed away a year previous to disease, but life simply carried on as normal... reap... sow... reap... sow... That is until one spring when he found his eldest brother and wife together in the barn, he had been a good husband and would have given them his blessing had he known but this betrayal was more than the young farmer could bear, he hoisted his heavy scythe upon his shoulder, packed a sack of simple hard tack and headed out into the world to seek his fame, fortune or hopefully, his death. Joining a mercenary unit operating out of the local city he rose to a level of fame quickly due to the intimidating nature of his weapon of choice. Having discarded his farmers tool in favour of a military scythe 'The Harvester', as he became known, was always found on the front line, grim determination set upon his weary brow as he systematically reaped his foes. Seeking only an end to his own internal pain Ziechael eventually found himself as part of the units elite troops and under the employ of a Lord of some aspiration but little moral fibre, not that the ex-farmer cared much for honour any more. Having time and again proven his worth the Lord took him into his personal employ and it was then that the young mercenary discovered that the Lord was not all that he seemed, but in fact an ancient Vampire hell bent on carving out an empire. Willingly Ziechael gave up his humanity to serve, promises of domains to rule and unbridled power sparking something deep within the hollow shell of the former farmer. Now he stalks the land at the head of an army of darkness, his pitch black plate armour seeming to sparkle as though the night sky had been captured and forged. From the back of his nightmare steed the general of the Vampire army wields his crystal scythe with deadly precision and might, and woe betide any who stand before 'Ziechael the Harvester'.
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
On it with both of these! Can I assume Ziechael looks a little bit like your forum avatar Ziechael?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
How did you guess?! ;) Yup, that is the hero forge version I got from my players a couple of Christmas' ago... and all I got them were some lousy t-shirts (admittedly customised with character avatar and semi-insulting slogan). Can't wait to see the dungeon buddy version of him though =D