Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

HTML assistance needed

Hi, a friend of mine and I are working on a new game. I am brand new to trying to do the HTML, so I will probably be asking some simple questions here I hope. I am working on the custom character sheet but something is confusing me. Here is an example of my HTML: <tr> <td style="width: 121px;">Soldier</td> <td style="width: 121px; border-color: #ff0000;"> <input name="attr_soldier_qty" type="number" /></td> <td style="width: 121px;"> <input name="attr_soldier_ATK" type="number" value="@{soldier_qty}*1" disabled="true" /></td> <td style="width: 122px;"> <input type="number" name="attr_soldier_DEF" value="@{soldier_qty}*2" disabled="true" /></td> <td style="width: 122px;"> <input type="number" name="attr_soldier_HIT" value="@{soldier_qty}*1" disabled="true" /></td> <td style="width: 124px;"> <input type="number" name="attr_soldier_cost" value="10" disabled="true" /></td> </tr> But when I check the sheet it only creates the soldier_qty Attribute and not the rest of them. why is this?
I'm also having trouble getting it to make this button and label work:  <tr> <td style="width: 121px;">Army Value</td> <td style="width: 121px;"> </td> <td style="width: 121px;"> <button type='roll' value='[((@seigeengine_qty*5)+(@knight_qty*3)+(@archer_qty*2)+(@soldier_qty*1))d6>6]'></button><input type="number" name="attr_army_ATK" value="(({@seigeengine_qty}*5)+(@{knight_qty}*3)+(@{archer_qty}*2)+(@{soldier_qty}*1))" disabled="true" /></td> <td style="width: 122px;"> </td> <td style="width: 122px;"> </td> <td style="width: 124px;"> </td> </tr>

Edited 1499709490
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Adras said: But when I check the sheet it only creates the soldier_qty Attribute and not the rest of them. why is this? The Attributes & Abilities tab isn't going to list autocalc fields (the solder_ATK, soldier_DEF, etc with disabled="true"). Adras said: I'm also having trouble getting it to make this button and label work:  <tr> <td style="width: 121px;">Army Value</td> <td style="width: 121px;"> </td> <td style="width: 121px;"> <button type='roll' value='[((@seigeengine_qty*5)+(@knight_qty*3)+(@archer_qty*2)+(@soldier_qty*1))d6>6]'></button><input type="number" name="attr_army_ATK" value="(({@seigeengine_qty}*5)+(@{knight_qty}*3)+(@{archer_qty}*2)+(@{soldier_qty}*1))" disabled="true" /></td> <td style="width: 122px;"> </td> <td style="width: 122px;"> </td> <td style="width: 124px;"> </td> </tr> You probably want the button to be creating an inline roll, so you need double  square brackets, not single. You're also missing the curly brackets around your attribute references: [[((@{seigeengine_qty}*5)+(@{knight_qty}*3)+(@{archer_qty}*2)+(@{soldier_qty}*1))d6>6]] You've also got { and @ swapped on @{seigeengine_qty} in your autocalc field.
cool thank you! I did finally get it to work. here's what I have: <tr> <td style="width: 121px;">Army Value</td> <td style="width: 121px;"> </td> <td style="width: 121px;"> <input type="number" name="attr_army_ATK" value="@{soldier_ATK}+@{archer_ATK}+@{knight_ATK}+@{siegeengine_ATK}" disabled="true" /><button type='roll' value='&{template:default} {{name=Attack}} {{Result:[[(@{army_ATK})d6>6]]}}'></button></td> <td style="width: 122px;"> </td> <td style="width: 122px;"> </td> <td style="width: 124px;"> </td> </tr> Perhaps you could help me out with one other thing, I've been digging but I can't seem to figure out how to create tabs on the character Sheet
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Adras said: Perhaps you could help me out with one other thing, I've been digging but I can't seem to figure out how to create tabs on the character Sheet <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/CSS_Wizardry#Tabs" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/CSS_Wizardry#Tabs</a>