Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Races with more than one kind of vision (Pathfinder, Dynamic Lighting, Pro User)

Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
Is there a simple way to simulate this using the various lighting and vision settings?  How for instance, would you simulate a creature with lowlight vision(x2), and 60ft darkvision?  Thank you so much in advance for your help! AtD
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The simplist way that I heard of is to take two tokens and assign them to the player. One token is an invisible or transparent token (use aura to know where it is) and setup that one with one vision type. Take the character token and setup that one with the other vision. Now you place one on top of the other and group them together so you can move them together. That is the only way I know of but someone else might have another suggestion or workaround.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is a good idea. I have been using the less useful idea of: if someone has low-light vision, then set multiplier to 2 if someone has darkvision as well, set the radius to 1/2 of normal (so if they have low light and darkvision 60, set the light radius to 30) this is not perfect.