Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][M&M3e][Fri 8pm PST] My Hero Academia!

Edited 1499810049
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Hello! Starting on August 11th, I will be beginning a new game of Mutants & Masterminds 3e within the My Hero Acadamia setting. This game will have a strong focus on the narrative rather than just specifically combat so if you’re looking for combat every session this might not be the game for you. Character development & inter-character interactions will fill a large component of the ongoings for each session but there will be an overarching plot that the group will explore together.ou’ll be starting out as members of U.A. High’s Class C Hero Course. I have a small group joining from my Danganronpa series of game but there’s still several spots open within the game. Things to know: Open to the possibility of players new to tabletop RPGs- We use Roll20 TEXT chat for IC conversation. We use Discord for OOC discussion while playing, therefore Discord is a requirement. I will ask for a well-written backstory (600 words). Powers will be imperfect similar to how they are in MHA so I will work with players to determine what their weaknesses are. Power Level will likely be PL 5 with certain limitations, M&M3e is a VERY easy system to break I know so I ask people create characters within reason that would be plausible for MHA. What I’m not looking for: People who will ‘maybe’ be able to make it. Its a shame for everyone when someone is constantly missing out. People who don’t want to do voice chat, sorry but the last player I allowed to do that didn’t work out. Crude manners Thanks for reading everything & just as a quick sign that you read it, please put the phrase ‘plus ultra’ somewhere in your post if you’re interested. Please use the following template below. Age: Timezone: Little about yourself: What kind of player you see yourself as: TRPG Experience: Types of Character you like to play: Questions for GM:

Edited 1499844237
This post was poorly written, as such please refer to my much better Post down below. Thanks for your Time, PLUS ULTRA!!!!!!!!!
Age: 32 Timezone:CST Little about yourself:I tend to be rather chill and am pretty much always around, I'm a live in caretaker who also does canine rescues What kind of player you see yourself as:as far as playstyle goes am a very "think outside the box" style of player. I'm always up for the team play TRPG Experience: 20 years Types of Character you like to play: I like versatility and being able to help my fellow players Plus Ultra! Questions for GM: How much of MHA have you seen/read, manga or Anime? I am not the most profecient with the M&M system so may require some assistance, though at this time I do have a general character concept I think would be fun
Age: 20 Timezone: CDT Little about yourself:  Hello, my name is Caspian and I have been on a hero craze lately, I have been watching shows and playing games that tell me what it means to be a hero. That being said, superhero games are kind of hard to come by so I don't want to miss out on this one. What kind of player you see yourself as: I see myself as still somewhat of a noob. I get the basics down but i still have a a lot to learn before i can even call myself a true role player. TRPG Experience: 2 years. But in that time i have played a lot games from d&d 3.5e,4e and 5e to homebrew systems.  Types of Character you like to play: most of the time i find my self in the back, healing or fighting at range. But if we are talking personality, i like to get my characters some sort of wacky trait. Nothing to big, just enough to help them stand out. Questions for GM: On a scale of 1 to PLUS ULTRA, how much do you love the fight between All Might and Noumu?
I was wondering when this would happen, finally, I am totally in for this 100% if you'll have me Age: 26  Timezone: CDT  Little about yourself: My name is Cody, I'm a college student and fan of all things nerdy. I'm a writer and DM and roleplayer etc... and I'm a big fan of HeroAca  What kind of player you see yourself as: I am a very character focused player, I make elaborate backstories for my characters, especially hero characters, and I always try and stay in character 100% of the time if I can help it. I'm narrative-first and mechanics later  TRPG Experience: I've been playing on roll20 for about four years, I've played in half a dozen M&M games and GM'd one awhile back, but I mainly play fiction first games, like Apocalypse World and its various variants.  Types of Character you like to play: I like to mix it up and tend to not play a set archtype, but I tend to play female characters because otherwise it tends to be male parties. I like strong-willed characters (unless there are a lot of those) but really it depends on the other players and how inspired i am by a certain idea.  Questions for GM: Your description had me confused. Is this a texted base game, or a voice based game? Because you said that in character stuff is in text chat, but ooc stuff is voice. and that doesn't make a lot of sense to me, so could you clarify please? 

Edited 1499855744
To start, I would like to apologize for the sloppiness of my first post. Age: 17 (Turning 18 Years Old, August 17th) Timezone: EST (Can play anytime, as long as it is not announced last minute) Little about yourself: I am... Manipulative, Heartless, Care-Free, Deceitful, Antagonizing, Friendly, Spiteful, Helpful, Caring, Compassionate, Strict, Stern, Un-Caring, Flexible, Restrained, Forgiving, Loyal, Joyous, In-Flexible, Insane, Un-Restrained, Un-Forgiving, Disloyal, Careless, Sane, Careful, Safe, Reckless, Risky, Useless, Overpowered, Charismatic, Charming, Narcissistic, Evil, Protective, Vendictive, Cut-Throat, Trigger-Happy, Good, Fatherly, Un-Feeling, Emotionless, Genius, Stupid, Fearful, Fearless, Brave, Cowardly, Chicken, a Worshipper of Every Religion, and Anti-Relgion. What kind of player you see yourself as: Look at "Little about Yourself" TRPG Experience: 2 Years playing a Watered down version of Star Wars Roll 20. I am also a TCG Fanatic, so I do know how to be VERY Creative. Types of Character you like to play: I am a Perfect Example of Power Creep, as I start off as the weakest of anyone, but If I can survive Long Enough, I can be Nearly as Powerful as that of Endeavor/All Might. I like to either lead the group, or be the one plotting its demise. (Traitor idea ;)) I am Shady, and I will Back-Stab, and Change my Loyalty at the drop of a Half-Penny. My only goals are the protection of my true friends, and the destruction of everyone else. Questions for GM: 1. Will there be a Traitor(s) at the School? ^If So, I would LOVE to be a Traitor PLUS ULTRA!!!!!!!!!! 2. When does this take place? ^Before, During, or After Dekus Class? 3. How often will we fight Villians? 4. When we graduate the school, will the game end or continue? 5. Can a Player leave to Join the Villians, or someone else, or are they stuck at U.A.? 6. Is this a Weekly Game? 7. How many more Players are you looking for? 8. Can Players die? 9. Will there be Railroading to ensure players don't die, or would you let the players make their decisions? 10. Could I have a link to the 3e Mutants and Monsters Rules, etc.... ^I am a Fast Learner 11. Can we transfer from Class C to say B or A, if we show good enough scores? 12. Will we be doing an Entrance Exam like in the Anime to determine our Ranking in the Class, and our Placement for Future Sponsors? ^I understand that no matter what, we would be placed in Class C, but I mean BEYOND just that. 13. Is Backstories beyond 600 words allowed? ^I love me a Good Backstory. 14. Will you actually read the ENTIRE Backstory? 15. What is Roll20 Text Chat? ^Sorry, I am new to this System/Site. 16. Are players able to separate, or is the entire group forced to stay together? 17. Are we able to affect our group members? 18. Can Main Characters Die? ^Mainly, they can be nearly impossible to kill, but if they do die, then something in the story might change. ^^This is in case of an emergency, cause it would be unfair for a player to face an enemy they can't kill, when that enemy could easily kill them. 19. Would the Story progress day-by-day or by Time Skips? 20. What is PL5? 21. Are Hybrid Quriks allowed? ^i.e. like Half-Hot, Half-Cold 22. Can one, or both our parents be Villians? ^Traitor Theory ;) 23. Can their be a traitor? ^Idc if its me or not, I just love the idea of a Traitor. Its like one of those Haunted Mansion Mysteries, where someone is murdered, and you got to find the killer, before they strike again. 24. Are you going off the Manga, or Anime? 25. If a Player dies for any reason, is that it for them, or can they create a new character, and come back as a Transfer student? That should be it. Sorry for my crappy first post, hope this looks better than the first. -Zero EDIT: 26. Can we have siblings?
Age: 19 Timezone: PDT Little about yourself: Been playing/gming and dming for tabletop rpgs like D&D 4e/5e for about three years now. I have also played and ran Cyberpunk 2020, Star Wars Edge of Empire and Fallout.  What kind of player do you see yourself as: I am a player who will delve deep into the character and try to play as if I am the actual player. I am very laid back most of the time when I play.  Types of Characters I want to play: New to M&M but I am fine with any archetype to play as, I just want to make my own character if possible.  Questions for DM:  1- Can I play a villain?

Edited 1499986254
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
To answer a few questions... @Keno I am completely up to date on both the manga & anime, as I said I don't mind teaching new players if necessary & they are able to grasp the game easily enough. @Caspian 8, It was one of the best fights I have seen in anime, not my top favorite but definitely one of the best for the music at the very least. @Cody R. The characters themselves talk through text, but if you are speaking as a player, you speak through voice, not text. This is so players can clarify things to other players without taking up the chat log. @Freddy No, during, unknown, end, no, yes, 3 more total, yes, no railroading, <a href="http://www.d20herosrd.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20herosrd.com/</a>, no, yes, yes, yes, Roll20 text chat is just the text chat within the game table, stay together, yes, yes, depends, PL5 is power level 5 which is a mutants & masterminds mechanic, maybe, No, both, unknown. I'll be straightforward & say I am honestly not looking for the sort of player who is already determined to throw the game in disarray by being a traitor. @Watertorust Yes, most of the daily things the kids in the anime go through should be present in one form or another within the game. @Jared I am not looking for a player to be the villain, even if it were to happen I'd want to see it done through character development rather than a premade decision from the very get-go.
Is there any reason we don't just roleplay our characters in voice chat?&nbsp;
Its done like that because having 2-3 different conversations going on in voice chat isn't possible & I still need to be aware of everything going on so different channels doesn't work either.
CrossJustX said: To answer a few questions... @Keno I am completely up to date on both the manga & anime, as I said I don't mind teaching new players if necessary & they are able to grasp the game easily enough. @Caspian 8, It was one of the best fights I have seen in anime, not my top favorite but definitely one of the best for the music at the very least. @Cody R. The characters themselves talk through text, but if you are speaking as a player, you speak through voice, not text. This is so players can clarify things to other players without taking up the chat log. @Freddy No, during, unknown, end, no, yes, 3 more total, yes, no railroading, <a href="http://www.d20herosrd.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20herosrd.com/</a>, no, yes, yes, yes, Roll20 text chat is just the text chat within the game table, stay together, yes, yes, depends, PL5 is power level 5 which is a mutants & masterminds mechanic, maybe, No, both, unknown. I'll be straightforward & say I am honestly not looking for the sort of player who is already determined to throw the game in disarray by being a traitor. @Watertorust Yes, most of the daily things the kids in the anime go through should be present in one form or another within the game. @Jared I am not looking for a player to be the villain, even if it were to happen I'd want to see it done through character development rather than a premade decision from the very get-go. Lol, I never said I was determined to throw the Game into Disarray, just that I would really like the idea of 1 Player Turning Rogue and/or Being&nbsp;a Villain, and that creating its own Story Arc, where the players would have to convince that said player to become a Hero, and that player does. It always intrigued me. But hey, its your game. Just thought I ought to tell you I was never going to ruin it, I am quite the Team Player.

Edited 1500157390
Age: 18 Timezone: AKDT Little about yourself: My name is Max Harris, I'm 18 years old as previously stated and I'm currently in reserves in the U.S Navy. One minor fact is that I am a fairly proficient singer/song writer. What kind of player you see yourself as: I am a very supportive player, preferring to let others to take the spotlight most of the time. My focus lies in RP, and I tend to take a more subtle approach to issues. My number 1 priority is that people have fun, even if that means that I have to scale back on my own goals, as in the grand scheme it's a game and I like people enjoying their time. TRPG Experience: I've been playing TRPG for roughly 6 years, with experience in D&D,Pathfinder, GURPS, Shadowrun and of course Mutants and Masterminds. Types of Character you like to play: I generally play support types (ie. Healer/buffer) in traditional RPG, and in hero games I like to play characters with abilities which value and capabilities aren't immediately apparent (ie. Shinso's Brainwash, for it's unique condition of activation). Questions for GM: I'm sure you've heard this question before, but I'd just like a bit of clarity. You are using text for IC chat and Discord for OOC, so does that mean spoken RP is against the rules? I usually do spoken RP as I'm a bit of an actor, and though I'm okay with trying text-based, I'm just curious in regards to the reasoning. I appreciate your consideration and PLUS ULTRA! P.S, I have HeroLab for 3e and am fairly skilled with photo editors, so if people need help with character sheets or want fancy circular tokens, I can provide.
Age: 19 Timezone: PDT Little about yourself: &nbsp; Got the goosebumps and shivers when All Might screamed PLUS ULTRA at the top of his lungs.&nbsp; Average blue-collar worker/college student (No this will not get in the way of playing every Friday) Always looking for a game to play in.&nbsp; Typically play in real life over Roll20, so forgive if I'm a bit rusty with it's mechanics.&nbsp; I'd buy someone a burger if they couldn't afford one themselves. Pretty big fan of MhA, and had to blink twice and pinch myself when I saw this listing. What kind of player you see yourself as: I'm teetering on a fine line between playing for the narrative and playing for the glory, at least with systems like 5e. On one hand, I love being able to explore and experience a fleshed out world and get a feel for how NPC's react to my character, and how both will develop in further interactions. On the other hand it is extremely satisfying to overcome encounters with a combination of wit, cooperation, and RNJesus guiding my die and player character into victory. Overall, I'll take notes and listen closely when the GM speaks and gives information, as well as getting hyped and looking forward to any and all combat encounters. I also may or may not actually cry if something sad happens and I get real into my character and his reactions. TRPG Experience: A good 3 (give or take) years of sporadic tabletop experiences. Though they were limited in systems, I believe I've only every played Pathfinder, 5e (mainly) , Rogue Trader, and Kill Team (once). I'm always open to new systems though, and could find pdf's to read and study upon. Types of Character you like to play: &nbsp;Is there such a thing as front-line support? Thrusting oneself into danger to prevent said danger from reaching others? I don't want to be that guy who's like: "Basically Deku in ideals/heroics, but with X power", but that's pretty much an ideal character for me to be. On the other hand I could dig being more of a backseat morale-booster, focused on camaraderie and picking up other players when they fall, giving them a thumbs up, and helping them back to the fight. Kirishima's manliness is also reeeeeal tempting.. Regardless, those villains won't arrest themselves! Questions for GM: How long do you plan on having your sessions run on average? Also will I be notified if accepted or rejected? Thank you for your time and consideration!
Age : 18 Timezone : PST Little About Yourself : I'm Brandon and I am currently on break with a work program starting later this month. I very much enjoy all forms of gaming and absolutely love MhA. I usually play in-person and almost entirely new to online TTRPGs and hoping to get some experience to see if this is my sort of style. As a small side note, cooking is a huge passion of mine. What kind of player you see yourself as : I'm a sucker for world building and in general an immersive or interesting universe to explore and find out about. While combat is fun, in some systems it feels drawn out and unnecessary if people are brute forcing the encounter. As such, I love to find ways&nbsp;to either speed up or avoid combat using a more tactical approach and thinking&nbsp;of the best things on the fly as to not drag it out too long. All in all, a team player is what I'm aiming to be, as long as everyone else is having fun I can go with that. TTRPG Experience : Around 2-3 years now of different systems with long running games being the focus. Played using Pathfinder, 5e, Dark Heresy 2e, Delta Green, and Black Crusade. Types of Characters you like to play : I like to play a myriad of roles but favor mainly anyone with high mobility and a huge array of disables or de-buffs. Personality wise I usually take an aspect of myself and turn it up to 11 and work around it, such as a highly apathetic character on the surface, but enjoys camaraderie and&nbsp;banter&nbsp;with a difficulty of showing it. As I said, I enjoy many roles and can play any if I am being given one and will try to play it to the best of my ability, as long as it involves taking down some big bad villains trying to disrupt society! Questions for GM : As Tarkus stated above, expected session run time? Also, which character is the best&nbsp;and why is it Ashido? Thank you for running this and for your consideration!
I was a bit tired doing my post...forgot my Plus Ultra Hope that doesn't affect my chances too much
Sorry but need to update & say that I am no longer looking, thanks to everyone who was interested & sorry. If I have you on discord then I still need to talk to you at some point.
Well damn, well have fun and I hope it goes well for ya'll.