Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] exaltScript - Automating aspects of Exalted 3e

Edited 1501361881
Pinmissile
Sheet Author
API Scripter
exaltScript I've recently had a lot of free time lately, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone by brushing up on my jscript and doing something productive for my Exalted campaign. exaltScript's main function is to automate many tedious aspects of Exalted 3rd edition, especially when it comes to combat. It's a kind of general use script for anything Exalted 3e related, where you can pick and choose from several utility functions. The repo: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/exaltScript" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/exaltScript</a> Please note that this script assumes that you use the Exalted 3rd Edition Character Sheet, and that you properly represent tokens with their respective character handout. Features exaltScript can do the following rad stuff Keep better track of initiative by automatically adding an "End Turn" custom initiative token into the Turn Order when opening the Turn Order. Automatically add motes to all characters in the turn order at the end of a round. Sort the turn order when the round has ended. Automatically remove Onslaught markers (Purple status marker) from tokens when their turn rolls around. Automatically increase token Anima if 5 or more Peripheral Motes are spent in one instance. (This can be disabled for individual tokens by adding the "ninja-mask" status marker on it.) Quickly add five motes or fill all mote pools to capacity with the use of chat commands or the built-in UI (Detailed below) Quickly clear Onslaught and Anima status from all tokens on the current player page. exaltScript can NOT do the following rad stuff Automatically ADD Onslaught markers to tokens that have been attacked. Teach you how to overcome your inner demons, and attain inner peace. Grant you infinite riches, and true happiness. Gifs (Click to play) Turn Order Improvements Easily add motes to characters Automatically increase Anima - Ninja mask denotes Night Caste stealth mode The built-in chat UI, with all the commands of the API Chat Commands !exaltScript UI : Displays the exaltScript UI to the user. I HIGHLY recommend you make a macro for this command! !exaltScript addMotes : Adds 5 motes to every character on player page with mote pools (i.e. the ones that have the "personal-essence" and "peripheral-essence" attributes) !exaltScript maxMotes : Fills all mote pools to capacity on the page that the players are on the current page. !exaltScript customMotes X: Lets you specify a number of motes to give to the tokens on the current player board. Switch out X for a valid integer. !exaltScript settings : Allows you to toggle the followed setting, initiative : Toggles initiative functions, such as automatic sorting, onslaught removal and automatic mote increase anima : Toggles automatic anima increase on removing motes&nbsp; notifications: Toggles the command notifications display. !exaltScript clear : Clears the followed status from all tokens on the current player page. onslaught : Clears onslaught status anima : Clears anima status Known issues Adding several tokens at the same time to the initiative tracker, where one or more are not represented by characters, WILL crash the script and require a reload. Related Exalted work API-less rolling system Suggestions for further improvement are more than welcome.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nice! I had started on an EX3 initiative-handling script a while ago, but I got sidetracked. It also didn't have your other features. Unless you're opposed to publishing your script under the MIT open source license, I recommend submitting to the official scripts repo, so that people can get this as a one-click install.
Pinmissile
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yep, did a pull request earlier today. Just waiting for it to get approved!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Pulls are usually handled every tuesday or so, just FYI. =D
Pinmissile
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Added some more features, you can now wipe anima and onslaught with a command, and the script now has an integrated UI. I also changed a bunch of chat commands - though I do recommend the UI in pretty much every concieveable circumstance.