Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFM][Tues 3pm PST] Danganronpa: Murder-Mystery Mayhem

Hello, currently I’m looking for players for my 3rd iteration of my murder-mystery game after a successful conclusion of my 2nd. The game is more rp-focused & is primarily done with a wide diverse range of talented characters so its entirely player driven. They’re the ones who do the killing & investigating. I normally have a group that I do Danganronpa for but I decided to do 2 simultaneous games so I can give some new people an opportunity to play so technically this is my 4th round. Lose or win, the point of the game is to have fun with the characters while they’re forced to endure a very difficult situation.The moment they fail to capture the murderer is the moment the group will face the penalties. <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Time_Dilemma" rel="nofollow">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Time_Dilemma</a> <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danganronpa" rel="nofollow">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danganronpa</a> The game is going to be inspired by both Danganronpa & Zero Escape, so while it’s not essential that you’ve played the games, it helps if you have some basic familiarity with the setting. For those familiar with D.R. the actual school itself might not necessarily the play map because I've gotten tired of playing there thus so many times. But essentially it breaks down to enduring the everyday life of being trapped… then a murder occurs which leads to an investigation to get as close to the truth as the group can… Then a trial begins. *samples from a previous game. What I’m looking for: Motivated players (shallow characters that don’t interact are no fun) Good Role-players Good losers (People kill & get killed, no point in getting upset) Reliable & honest What I’m not looking for: Non-committal players Unstable scheduling (If you want to play, please only join if you’re SURE you are free for this time) Power-gaming, meta-gaming, snowflaking, min-maxing, etc. Some things to know: Start Date: August 15, 2017 I use a homebrewed system & character sheet for this based off the roll20 M&M 3e Sheet Each player gets 2 characters. I will be utilizing dynamic lighting as well as a few API scripts. There will be at least 8 players to a max of 10. We will be using discord for voice communications. IC is done in roll20 chat while OOC is discord voice. I definitely do NOT mind new players as long as they able to role-play successfully enough to make the game a more interesting experience, some of the players from the last round were entirely new players to roll20. If you’re interested, please post the following information below & PM me your discord contact so I may do a short interview as well. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions as best I can. Age: Little about yourself: Familiarity with Danganronpa and/or Zero Escape: What kind of player you see yourself as: Why you want to play in this campaign: Any questions for the GM:
Age: 13 (Trust me, I'm not a whiny squeaker who'll be mad if I'm a victim) 1: I have an insane amount of love for role-playing when it's actually working like its supposed to and would love to be a part of a roleplay where everyone is actually into their characters. 2: I have played all of the Danganronpa games and have pre-ordered V3 and have just as much love for Zero Escape. I finished the second Zero Escape game in under a week. 3: I see myself as a plain, but still timid and shy Naegi type of character, but will still step up to help during the class trials. I also see my character as caring for others who would go out of his way to help a friend. I feel like my ultimate sense would be something that appears dull but may end up being useful, such as maybe Ultimate Putt Putt or Ultimate Common Sense. 5: I want to play in this campaign because I want the chance to be able to role-play with people and get enthralled in a world filled with all the trade mark features that make Danganronpa so good, but with the added bonus of it being my choice what to do. I want to treat it as if I'm actually who my character is and be in a campaign with other people who think the same way. 6: My only un-Roll20 related question is how long is an average session?
I want to specify that this game is +18 due to the violent nature of the game.
So am I exempt even though I have experience with Danganronpa and Zero Escape, just asking because I'm not sure if it's fair for people under 18 to be excluded even if they don't care about graphic violence.
Age: 26 Timezone: CDT Little about yourself: My name is Cody, I'm a college student and fan of all things nerdy. I'm a writer and DM and roleplayer etc...&nbsp; What kind of player you see yourself as: I am a very character focused player, I make elaborate backstories for my characters, especially hero characters, and I always try and stay in character 100% of the time if I can help it. I'm narrative-first and mechanics later TRPG Experience: I've been playing on roll20 for about four years, I've played in half a dozen M&M games and GM'd one awhile back, but I mainly play fiction first games, like Apocalypse World and its various variants. Types of Character you like to play: I like to mix it up and tend to not play a set archtype, but I tend to play female characters because otherwise it tends to be male parties. I like strong-willed characters (unless there are a lot of those) but really it depends on the other players and how inspired i am by a certain idea. Questions for GM: None that you haven't already answered in your other thread :P&nbsp; Just for reference, I've watched the Dangan Ronpa anime, and watched let's plays of the first two games, but I've not actually played them cause their not high on my priority list of games on steam to buy&nbsp;