Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Historical token packs

Grantovich
Marketplace Creator
Greetings to roll20 community! I am working on some token packs that represent infantry and armor from ww1 to modern era. Some token packs are already on the marketplace, currently ww2 western front assets are WIP. Just made this topic for some feedback.  Links for packs that are already on the marketplace: WW1 historical token pack WW2 eastern front infantry token pack WIP: TO DO LIST: Full ww2 western front pack (american, british and german infantry in winter and summer uniforms from different divisions) ww2 armor packs (tanks of all countries) ww1 british, ottoman, russian and american infantry. ww1 armor and planes.  Map tiles for creating ww1/ww2 battlefields from scratch (trenches, foxholes, ruins, craters etc) Feedback is highly appreciated!
Very nice work, makes me want to design a campaign that would use them.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
I'm always surprised I don't see stuff like Flames of War and Napoleonic games appearing on Roll20.
Andrew (Halfling Gypsy) said: I'm always surprised I don't see stuff like Flames of War and Napoleonic games appearing on Roll20. I've thought about importing a Napoleonic wargame like War and Peace into Roll20, but tactical scale would be nice too.
When you're done with WW1 and 2, some Cold War era tokens would be wonderful.
Grantovich
Marketplace Creator
Wayne G. said: When you're done with WW1 and 2, some Cold War era tokens would be wonderful. Vietnam era US infantry is in progress too, i will draw some soviets with them for cold war scenarios. 
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
That's a really awesome trick with that gun and stand! I do something similar with my doors and some traps and puzzle pieces! I center the pivot space and give extra "dead space" on the token to allow the rotation properly! Love seeing others use this method!
Grantovich
Marketplace Creator
I used same principle with tanks and their turrets. Check this ft-17 out:
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Brett E. said: Andrew (Halfling Gypsy) said: I'm always surprised I don't see stuff like Flames of War and Napoleonic games appearing on Roll20. I've thought about importing a Napoleonic wargame like War and Peace into Roll20, but tactical scale would be nice too. Roll20 does seem rather well placed to do things like Flames of War, 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Blood Bowl, etc, etc, etc. If you wanted to develop a wargame, I'd certainly recommend you test it out the rules in Roll20. You can easily do turns and if you REALLY wanted to... you could add unit initiatives, and heaps more with the right API stuff (I'm thinking of that script that allows for duplicated movement across maps so you can have 'hidden troops'
Grantovich
Marketplace Creator
Its been a long time since my last post but here i am with some WIP stuff to share. My skill is somewhat progressing from month to month and i cant be pleased with my already created stuff because i know i can do it better and better due to my increase in experience. So, i decided to completely redraw my packs with my new quality standards.Currently western front ww2 pack is coming soon. I decided to use some ARMA 3 models for drawing reference and you can see some results on GIF below.  I trying my best to ensure that tokens will look as authentic and detailed as possible for that format. There will be prone, crouch, lowered weapon and running variants of tokens with different sets of equipment and weaponry. Wehrmacht and SS, falchimjagers, french resistance fighters, british infantry and airborne commandos, american big red one and 101-st airborne are in progress. Stay tuned for updates! 
Zeshio
Marketplace Creator
Looking great, excited to see your progress as you get some packs out!

Edited 1507716002
Grantovich
Marketplace Creator
WW2 us infantry pack is now live! WW2 pack with all armies and countries in one is WIP.

Edited 1511878328
Grantovich
Marketplace Creator
WW1 British empire infantry token pack is now out! (including ottoman empire soldiers for some Gallipoli campaign scenarios and four bonus tokens) WIP: 1. Large WW2 token pack representing all nations of conflict, including pacific theatre (30% done). 2. WW1 map tile set (50% done) 3. WW1 field guns, vehicles, armor and planes as well as crews for them (70% done).