Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shaped Sheet with Group Initiative

The documentation says that the setup below adjusts to every situation, giving correct values for normal, advantage, and disadvantage rolling. Utilizing the revert dis/adv setting in the sheet, I have not been able to see evidence of taking the better of two die rolls based on the output of Group Initiative, but I have noticed that the advantage doesn't reset when initiative is rolled. Why doesn't the advantage revert, and is advantage actually being applied. API Script Compatibility Group Initiative If you are using the group-init script then in a later version (as of March 2nd) of the group-init script it’ll ask you to configure the setting properly. For now, if you’re using version 10.1.1 or later of the Shaped sheet you should set it up using the following commands: !group-init-config --set-dice-count|0 !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative_formula This setup will use the formula of the sheet and adjust to every situation. The values are correct for normal rolling, advantage rolling, and disadvantage rolling. The tooltips provided by group-init are incorrect, but those will be fixed by Aaron as part of a next release.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can you provide steps to reproduce? The base functionality works for me, but I haven't tried advantage and disadvantage as I just started using group initiative lately.
Create a character use the companion script to install advantage and disadvantage token macros make sure the character sheet has automatically revert after dis/advantage roll select token and click the advantage macro (will see the green dot appear) hit group initiative (either with other tokens or just on its own) initiative is rolled - green dot remains which shows that advantage doesn't revert  roll any other type of roll on that character (hit, ability, or save) and that roll will be made at advantage and green dot disappears showing advantage is reverted. 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, Advantage only reverts when the sheet rolls it with the normal roll template. The data to revert it is stored in that roll template. Since that roll template isn't being used it isn't reverting. Looks like you'll have to turn off advantage manually for initiative. If you always have it you can use the setting on the settings page to change it so that you always roll initative with advantage.
I missed that option. Thanks greatly Kryx.
Have verified that the Group Initiative is honoring halfling luck (rerolling 1s), rolling with advantage, and taking all the bonuses to initiative shown on the sheet. The tool tips are wrong but if you look at the roll the end numbers are right.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The tooltips worked for the normal cases. What is wrong with your tooltips? Can you take a screenshot?
Rather blurry- because the screen shot takes all of the monitors and I couldn't snipit and show the tooltip.  But you can see it says rolled the advantage 13 and 15. Took the 15. added a 2.9 bonus-- which is wrong because the character adds 10.1. , but the actual result is right 15+10.1 equals the 25.1
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
And how did you accomplish that? If you provide full steps to reproduce then I can either fix it or point it out to Aaron. What I saw was the exact bonuses that the sheet provides.
Maybe just a weird coincidence, but 13 + 15 - 2.9 = 25.1.
Kryx said: And how did you accomplish that? If you provide full steps to reproduce then I can either fix it or point it out to Aaron. What I saw was the exact bonuses that the sheet provides. Reproduction is the same as in the original post. The only change is that the character now has permanent advantage on the settings. BTW my intention in that last post was to confirm that the script and the sheet seem to be working very well together. Just as advertised. Your documentation says "This setup will use the formula of the sheet and adjust to every situation. The values are correct for normal rolling, advantage rolling, and disadvantage rolling. The tooltips provided by group-init are incorrect, but those will be fixed by Aaron as part of a next release."  My guess is Aaron has not had a chance to update the script. 
Rabulias said: Maybe just a weird coincidence, but 13 + 15 - 2.9 = 25.1. You are right- so I checked two more rolls The one that sticks out to me most is the 14.1 It has three numbers the 1 is red then 3 then 4 with 6.1 bonus.  All of these are the same character. He has halfling luck so I figured that was why the 1 was red, then took the highest of the other two. Then at 10.01 to that you get the 14.1  But it also mathmatically works as 1+3+4+6.1 =14.1   But those numbers have no connection to the sheet.