Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

@{target} with syntax error creates unclosable prompt

Windows 7, latest Chrome. Any dice expression with a 'target' and syntax error causes the "Choose Target" dialog to appear, but prompt cannot be closed via X or target selection. Steps to reproduce: Type into chat: [[@{target|}]] Expected: A syntax error should be presented and no dialog should appear. Actual: The dialog requesting a target selection is presented. It cannot be closed, nor can a target be selected. Reloading the page is the only way out
This should be fixed now. Thanks!
Wow, that was quick. Good work :)
Great! No problem :-)
1387568973
Tom
Plus
Sheet Author
I'm still having a LOT of problems with this. Mostly because I'm live testing macros/abilities, but I'm pretty sure the issue is unresolved. :P
1387569217
Gid
Roll20 Team
Could you supply more information, Tom?
1387638546
Tom
Plus
Sheet Author
Pretty simple. If I run an agility that selects a target but has a flaw in the execution (say the brackets are in the wrong place or other error), the target prompt pop-up doesn't go away, can't be closed, and you cannot select another token. You are basically locked out of the VTT. All other functionality remains (chat dashboard, journals, etc). Refreshing the page gets you out of the loop. So not a killer bug, but annoying.
I believe others have pointed this out, but just select another tool from the toolbar (e.g. the select tool) and the dialog prompt should close. I will work on adding further guards against this happening, though. Also as far as I know this only happens when the error is inside of an inline roll as opposed to a regular roll. Is that what you're seeing as well?
1387654959
Tom
Plus
Sheet Author
By inline roll do you mean [[@{something}*2]]d10? If so, then yes. I'll remember the toolbar fix. Far less annoying than a refresh. (Which is a hardship, let me tell you – but its worth reporting).
The "X" should now always get you out of targeting mode, as should pressing the Esc key.
1387714251
Tom
Plus
Sheet Author
Awesome! Great work, Riley!