Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

3D Dice don't land

I've spent the last 5 minutes watching one my dice dance and wobble around the table. In my very brief, and by no means conclusive study, it only seems to occur with d6s. Everything else seems to roll fine. Firefox 26 on Fedora 20 x64
I have found a similar bug when useing inline rolls with [[ ]]
Gauss
Forum Champion
Do you mean the dice just continue to spin? Is it just one or is it multiple dice? Could you provide a video?
Usually just one out if the bunch. It'll sit there vibrating and wobbling. While it's moving the die roll won't register. I'll try to get a video when I get home.
Yeah, this happens sometimes with the d6 dice. The physics simulation just never stops. I'll see about adding some sort of hard exit after 30 seconds or something...
Gauss
Forum Champion
Crosslinking a related thread regarding d10s: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/533135/d10s-spin-like-tops#post-533135" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/533135/d10s-spin-like-tops#post-533135</a>
If you add a hard exit could I suggest 15 seconds or less as it is the 3d dice can hang up a game.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Personally i don't use the 3d dice because even the normal rolls take too long. A 15-30 second wait limit seems crazy to me. 2-3 seconds is about as long as I want to be watching dice roll.
G G said: Personally i don't use the 3d dice because even the normal rolls take too long. A 15-30 second wait limit seems crazy to me. 2-3 seconds is about as long as I want to be watching dice roll. Yeah good point. Maybe the dice should just be heavier so they come to a stop faster?