Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[In Progress] Delta Green Character Sheet (new edition)

Edited 1502564813
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Everyone, I'm working to a character sheet for DG. It's still missing the last page (I'm working to equipment, special training, and a way to use the injury to add automatically the bonus to all the rolls). But it's good enough to be used for testing.  HP max and WP max are computed automatically with the worksheet script, and all the X5 attributes are computed on attribute change. For all attributes and skills there is a rollbutton that will give you the result and if a roll is a critical/success/failure/fumble. All the results are given in a table for a normal roll (no modifier), hard rolls (skill-20%), impossible (skill -40%), easy (skill +20%), and trivial (skill +40%). You can also add new skills, new bounds, new motivations and disorders to the sheet THINKS I CANNOT DUE USING THE WORKSHEET SCRIPT AND CHARACTER SHEET ONLY reducing  sanity and deal with breaking point and projection: this was probably the main reason why I started the character sheet, however, giving the limitations, for the the moment it's not possible to do it without the API. I've create one API that define the sanity damages for a group (you need to select a group of PC token as such): !SAN [<num_of dices>d<num_of_faces> --or-- number]/[<num_of dices>d<num_of_faces> --or-- number] If the sanity roll succeed, the attributes attr_tmpsan would be reduced by the value given by number or dice roll in the first bracket, otherwise by the second. The attr_tmpsan would update the current sanity only if another sanity roll is operated on the same character OR if the SAN damage is projected on one of the bounds. If you want, I can introduce a button on the bounds to deal with the projection and to automatically recompute the breaking points in the character sheet, but the !SAN command requires the API. Things to do: 1) Add the modifier due to injury, exhaustion, and poison to all the rolls 2) Roll automatically for attack and damage in the equipment 3) Add cheatsheet for combat 4) Add npc character sheet to simplify handler's life. Sadly all the handling of San/Breaking Points and Bounds Projection REQUIRES (aka I don't know how to do it otherwise) the use of the API. I've made a !SAN and !Projection script to handle it, but I need to test it first. Please, play around with the character sheet as it is and tell me if it works fine or what should I change.  Delta Green Character Sheet V0.6 UPDATE FEATURES: Working Rolls for all the skills and attributes Auto-computation of max hp, wp, san when related properties are changed Projection on bonds: now when you create bond there are two input boxes for numbers.  one is white and contains the score, one is blue and contains the same value but any reduction of the value in the blue box counts as a projection on bonds. If the number in the blue box is modified and  is it is: 1) larger than the number in the white one:  the script   updates the value of the white one to the value of the blue one; 2) smaller than the number in the white one:  the script updates the value of the white one to the value of the blue one AND reduces the WP by the difference between the number in the white box and the number in the blue one; If the number in the white box is modified, the script updates the blue box value to be equal to the white box (no projection) Weapons:  now you can roll your attacks from the equipment tab and add new weapons.  Lethality roll are not supported yet  (you can put the damage to be 1d100 but you have to do the math yourself to see if it's an instant kill or what is the damage for a huge creature or a normal human). The skill used for the attack is selected through a drop down menu. If the attack is melee or unarmed, the damage is modified by the strength modifier.  In the drop down menu there are two skills that might look unfamiliar: shotgun:  this value is simply the skill of firearms+20%, according to the rules shotguns always have +20% for their skill roll, and they are the only weapon without a kill radius with this characteristics. Since it's a rule that everybody forgets, I made it to have its own category throw:  throwing stuff in Delta Green just use athletics, but to avoid any confusion, I called the skill throw here FUTURE AND REQUESTED FEATURE [not implemented yet]: Modifying the bounds score modifies the current WP (projection) [I still don't know how to deal with reduced bounds due to the addition of a Delta Green one] Rolling attack and damages directly from the equipment tab Add a checkbox next to the weapon table to enable aim  and called shot   [coming soon] Add four extra lines to the weapon table for special actions: pin, escape, disarm, dodge [coming soon] Add support for lethality  [coming soon] Add injury modifier for roll and skills Flag in the injury if player is catatonic (WP<=2), unconscious (HP<=2), or if sustained a major wound (HP_new<HP_old/2)   Redesign (please give me input on that) [not essential] NPC sheet for the handler [not essential] *PS: thanks to the creators of the Savage World Tabbed CS and the creators of CoC7th CS * *PPS: Thanks Loki, if in my work I had a tester like you my code would be waaaaaaaaaay better*

Edited 1500542301
Loki
Sheet Author
Hi. I just gave it a shot and I have encountered the problem that the roll-output looks very strange: Greetings. PS: I have a question: How do you achieve that a newly created character instantly has the name of the character in it's name-field?
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks loki. Can you try to roll one of the Attributes? I think I know what is the problem: to make it easier for myself I split the roll-template command in several lines instead of making a single statement. I tried with the phone and at least the Attributes and the single skill I fixed seem to work... From the phone. I'm not a clever man :P As soon as I land I will fix the rest. About the name... I simply called it attr_character_name. I took it from the Savage World that does the same. A couple of weird quirks of the sheet. For some reason the result of Math.ceil((v.a+v.b)/2) is different than math.ceil(v.a/2)+math.ceil(v.b/2). The second gives the result you expect, the first "concatenate" the numbers (i.e. if v.a is 22 and v.b is 44, the result is 1122)  I have no clue why If I create a table surrounding a repeating_ element, the Add button will not work: I have to create a recurring element where every row element is its own table. (I manage to make it work, but if anyone can tell me why it was behaving like this, you have my deepest and more sincere thanks)

Edited 1500550049
Loki
Sheet Author
Hi! Rolling each of the attributes I get: Regarding the problem with the concatenated numbers: Try using a "+" before the variable name, so JS "knows" that it is indeed a number: Math.ceil((+v.a + +v.b)/2) I had this problem while using a value from an input field with type=text instead of type=number, so JS (correctly) assumed that the result is a String and the "+" tells it to concatenate them (so, obviously, you also can change the type of the input field from text to number, if that is the problem). Greetings PS: Nice trick with the character name, I copied it. :P

Edited 1500599459
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
HI Loki, I fixed both problems. Now all the skills should work. About the attributes... the reason why you got those result is that the X5 column was empty (I wrote the script so that it updates the X5 column only on("change:attr_score") since you didn't modify the default value of the attributes, the X5 stayed empty. Now the X5 column start populated with a default value (50) while all the attr_scores start at 10. Fix Populated all column Autocompute HP_max, WP_max and SAN_MAX when the relative attributes or the unnatural skill are modifie d Fixed the problem with the rolling table :) Fixed the names of the roll for the Pilot/Science/Military Science/Art/Craft and Custom skill rolls Future fix: on changing the X5 column it will change the attr_score column keep the minimun for all the skills to be equal to the value on the character sheet (i.e. if I write for dodge 20%, the script will override automatically 30% that is the default value for the dodge skill). As far as I know in DG there is nothing that permanently modifies a skill below its default value (except maybe receiving an injury, but in that case I can take care of bonus and malus through the injury tab without changing the flat value of the skill)  Add bonus and malus to the template roll using an injury value checklist  (i.e. exhaustion or WP<=2 reduce all the roll by -20%, however I can still have to perform and hard skill check to force a steel door, so instead of adding all the advantages and disadvantages, I can keep track of the injury and the difficulty of the test separately)

Edited 1500620520
Loki
Sheet Author
Hi Marco. Did my tip with the "+" work to prevent concatenation? If not, you could also use the parseInt function. Anyways: I tried your new version of the sheet and although the attribute rolls are working now, some of the skill rolls are not. When I roll on Forensics, Heavy Machinery, Heavy Weapons, SIGINT or Stealth, I get the following error message: The message is so far identical every time, only the attribute, that was not found, differs. Might be a problem with non-exact wording. Greetings, Loki
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Fixed and updated, there was a typo in the name of those skills: instead of attr_sigint it was attr__sigint with a double underscore. Thank you, Loki. You are the best tester. Let me know about features or other things you think the CS needs :)

Edited 1500641365
Loki
Sheet Author
Hi. Since I don't know anything about the RPG system behind the CS giving specific tips for improving the sheet seems to be difficult. But I will state some things that attract my attention:  Right now I think the "No background image" setting does nothing, or does it? The "equipment" seems to be empty (also "Injuries" and "Remarks", although in the "all" tab there are injuries listed in the end) Is it correct that I can roll Sanity, but not Will Power? Since you apparently don't have a Pro subscription may I ask how you're testing the sheet? Regards
Kickstarter backers have Pro level perks, I believe.
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi loki, 1. Yes the background is only a placeholder... I suck at graphics stuff, but I wanted to make it such that, if I have the assets, I coul make a themed sheet for the Russian (GRU-SV8), the Canadian (M-EPIC), the Brits (PISCES), the two DG (The program and the outlaws), or even the Lybian ("the fist of Allah") or the Vatican (... I don't remember the name).For now though, it does nothing, I need someone good with this kind of design stuff, I just made the groundwork for the code 2. yes injuries equipment and everything after that are there for future updates.i hope to make a complete sheet by the end of the weekend... The long part was the formatting, the template and the skills. 3.why do I need to roll WP? I didn't put anything there cause I usually roll POWx5, while I use WP as a secondary hp for mental wounds or when I reduce my bonds projecting on them. When do you need to roll WP? (This is more a rule question than a character sheet one, if you need it I will add it :D) @Rabulias: I'm also a pro member, but I'm doing it to share it with the Delta Green community on roll20, hoping to make looking for groups and playing easier. Making a sheets that relies on API that most people cannot use, is kind of unfair. I can share the script, but I don't want to bound it in any way to the sheet. I want all the players to have access to the full package :)
Loki
Sheet Author
Hi! No problem! I thought about giving you access to the campaign where I test your sheet in case you don't have a Pro subscription and test your sheet only on HTML basis. But in this case it isn't necessary (@Rabulias That's still interesting, thanks). Well, I know a lot of systems where you can roll on WP, so it was just meant as a theoretical question because in the whole coloum is only one roll button. But if it's not probable to roll on WP, you need now roll button. :) Regards
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Oooh yeah, What you call roll on WP is roll on POW in Delta green ;9
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Which roll template is better? Let the player choose every time which kind of roll to do (normal is the default option) or giving all the possible output?  (Note: I'm going to add the negative modifier due to injuries that are not supposed to be involved in the difficulty of the test and that will be precomputed in the sheet)   The attack roll similarly looks like Where the damage is computed as the normal attack for a normal result (success/failure) or it's double for a critical (both critical and fumble). If I'm going to use a format similar to the previous one, I will show the damage result only if the particular roll is a success/ critical
Loki
Sheet Author
Hi. As a player I'd like to have the option to just choose the kind of roll. As a GM I'd also prefer the lessy messy version (you spare your template displaying 4 unnecessary lines). Greetings
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
the new and finally playable version of the sheet is out on gist. Check the fist post for the details
I am sorry for the Noob question, but how do i add the sheet to my game? Will you make it available via the dropdown menue in roll20 in the foreseeable future also? Thanks!
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
HI Matthias, don't worry. You need to be a Pro memeber. However I just sent the pull request for the sheet. The only thing it misses are the new roll template with custom modifiers for attacks, special actions and skills. (right now it only does the kind of roll templates I post in the pictures). I was rewriting everything from scratch adding a break up of the different modificers in the template. But it's taking longer longer than what I expected. The character sheet works well, there a series of flags in the Status/Combat tab that gives you everything you need to know to play. The next version will have better tailored rolls, but if I was continuing postponing I would have never pulled the request until it was perfect (so never given my proficiency in javascript). As soon as I have an answer I let you know know. In the meantime, If you want to play around with the sheet, you can try to join  here  . It's the Delta Green community I created, the older version of the character sheet (with all the rolls working) is there, if you join the game you can play with it . If you want to use the hub to play let me know, I can promote you to DM and you can try to play with your Agents until Roll20 accept my request :)
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi, the new delta green character sheet has been merged with dhatchet original one, I'm not sure when you will start seeing the changes, but it's finally out please leave any feedback improvement requests or bug reports here :)
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It's finally out :D