Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is it Possible to insert an image from library into a macro

Title says it all- am trying to create a macro that applies and removes conditions. Because the standard conditions are not all that ... intuitive... it would help to include an image of the status.  Is that possible? For instance I would like to include this image from my library next to the prone condition in the macro shown below /w GM @{selected|output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} @{selected|show_character_name} {{title=@{selected|Token_name} Status Board}} {{freetext=[Blinded](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|bleeding-eye name|@{selected|character_name}_Blinded) | [Clear Blinded](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-bleeding-eye name|@{selected|character_name}_Blinded) • A blinded creature can’t see and automatically fails any ability check that requires sight. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage, and the creature’s attack rolls have disadvantage. [Charmed](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|broken-heart name|@{selected|character_name}_Charmed) | [Clear Charmed](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-broken-heart name|@{selected|character_name}_Charmed) • A charmed creature can't attack the charmer or target the charmer with harmful abilities or magical effects. • The charmer has advantage on any ability check to interact socially with the creature. [Deafened](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|edge-crack name|@{selected|character_name}_Deafened) | [Clear Deafened](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-edge-crack name|@{selected|character_name}_Deafened) • A deafened creature can’t hear and automatically fails any ability check that requires hearing. [Frightened](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|screaming name|@{selected|character_name}_Frightened) | [Clear Frightened](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-screaming name|@{selected|character_name}_Frightened) • A frightened creature has disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls while the source of its fear is within line of sight. • The creature can’t willingly move closer to the source of its fear. [Grappled](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|grab name|@{selected|character_name}_Grappled) | [Clear Grappled](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-grab name|@{selected|character_name}_Grappled) • A grappled creature’s speed becomes 0, and it can't benefit from any bonus to its speed. • The condition ends if the grappler is incapacitated (see the condition). • The condition also ends if an effect removes the grappled creature from the reach of the grappler or grappling effect, such as when a creature is hurled away by the thunderwave spell. [Invisibility](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|ninja-mask name|@{selected|character_name}_Invisible) | [Clear Invisibility](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-ninja-mask name|@{selected|character_name}_Invisible) • An invisible creature is impossible to see without the aid of magic or a special sense. For the purpose of hiding, the creature is heavily obscured. The crea­ture’s location can be detected by any noise it makes or any tracks it leaves. • Attack rolls against the creature have disadvantage, and the creature’s attack rolls have advantage. [Incapacitated](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|interdiction name|@{selected|character_name}_Incapacitated) | [Clear Incapacitated](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-interdiction name|@{selected|character_name}_Incapacitated) • An invisible creature is impossible to see without the aid of magic or a special sense. For the purpose of hiding, the creature is heavily obscured. The crea­ture’s location can be detected by any noise it makes or any tracks it leaves. • Attack rolls against the creature have disadvantage, and the creature’s attack rolls have advantage. [Paralyzed](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|pummeled name|@{selected|character_name}_Paralyzed) | [ Clear Paralyzed](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-pummeled name|@{selected|character_name}_Paralyzed) • A paralyzed creature is incapacitated (see the condi­tion) and can’t move or speak. • The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage. • Any attack that hits the creature is a critical hit if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature. [Petrified](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|frozen-orb name|@{selected|character_name}_Petrified) | [Clear Petrified](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-frozen-orb name|@{selected|character_name}_Petrified) • A petrified creature is transformed, along with any nonmagical object it is wearing or carrying, into a solid inanimate substance (usually stone). Its weight increases by a factor of ten, and it ceases aging. • The creature is incapacitated (see the condition), can’t move or speak, and is unaware o f its surroundings. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage. • The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws. • The creature has resistance to all damage. • The creature is immune to poison and disease, although a poison or disease already in its system is suspended, not neutralized [Poisoned](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|chemical-bolt name|@{selected|character_name}_Poisoned) | [Clear Poisoned](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-chemical-bolt name|@{selected|character_name}_Poisoned) • A poisoned creature has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks. [Prone](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|back-pain name|@{selected|character_name}_Prone) | [Clear Prone](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-back-pain name|@{selected|character_name}_Prone) • A prone creature’s only movement option is to crawl, unless it stands up and thereby ends the condition. • The creature has disadvantage on attack rolls. • An attack roll against the creature has advantage if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature. Otherwise, the attack roll has disadvantage. [Restrained](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|fishing-net name|@{selected|character_name}_Restrained) | [Clear Restrained](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-fishing-net name|@{selected|character_name}_Restrained) • A restrained creature’s speed becomes 0, and it can’t benefit from any bonus to its speed. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage, and the creature’s attack rolls have disadvantage. • The creature has disadvantage on Dexterity saving throws. [Stunned](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|fist name|@{selected|character_name}_Stunned) | [Clear Stunned](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-fist name|@{selected|character_name}_Stunned) • A stunned creature is incapacitated (see the condition), can’t move, and can speak only falteringly. • The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage. [Unconscious](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|sleepy|back-pain name|@{selected|character_name}_Unconscious/Prone) | [Clear Unconscious](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-sleepy|-back-pain name|@{selected|character_name}_Unconscious/Prone) • Any attack that hits the creature is a criti­cal hit if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature. • The creature drops whatever it’s holding and falls prone. [Dead](!token-mod --set statusmarkers||dead) | [Not-Dead](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-dead) [Clearall](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|-bleeding-eye|-broken-heart|-edge-crack|-screaming|-grab|-pummeled|-aura|-chemical-bolt|-back-pain|-fishing-net|-fist|-frozen-orb|-interdiction|-sleepy|-ninja-mask name|@{selected|character_name})}}
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Some background: The status icons are from Game-Icons.net. &nbsp;The one pictured is 'Back-Pain':&nbsp; <a href="http://game-icons.net/lorc/originals/back-pain.htm" rel="nofollow">http://game-icons.net/lorc/originals/back-pain.htm</a>... You can format them on Game-Icons.net with choice of colors and then pull down a higher-resolution image. Thoughts: PowerCards has a means built in of displaying the StatusMarker images, so you could rebuild your macro using PowerCards and get that functionality. You could download the images for the statuses you want from Game-Icons.net and upload them, then use the Basic Formatting image syntax to display them (though I've never tried that with a Roll Template, it probably works). I've got some functions in TokenNameNumber for pulling the StatusMarker images out and displaying them, it would probably be pretty easy to write a one-off script to output the images for you, though I don't know how that would play with your Roll Template.
Man I wish I knew where the images came from. &nbsp;It took FOREVER to screen shot them and use photoshop to create seperate images!&nbsp; I have seen some very cool things done by powercards- but have also heard a lot of complaining that they interfere with other scripts. Didn't Sky even say that he was their favorite target once, or the most unpopular script with other script authors? Based on that I have avoided using them. Tried this&nbsp;[bleeding eye](<a href="http://game-icons.net/lorc/originals/bleeding-eye.html#.png" rel="nofollow">http://game-icons.net/lorc/originals/bleeding-eye.html#.png</a>) but all it seems to do is create a request to open another window that shows the icon. Is there a way to alter that to show the icon. From reading the info it sounded likethe #.png should make that happen.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The #.png thing only helps when you have an image url like&nbsp; [x](<a href="http://some.url.com/where/image/type/is/specified/by/mime-type/?13411234" rel="nofollow">http://some.url.com/where/image/type/is/specified/by/mime-type/?13411234</a> #.png ) Roll20's Basic Formatting uses the url to determine that a file is an image, and sticks it in an &lt;img&gt; tag, rather than a &lt;a&gt; tag as needed. &nbsp;When the URL doesn't contain a known extension (or contains an image extension that it doesn't know about) you can add a URL fragment to force identification as an image. &nbsp;Note that that is a LOCAL trick. In the case of the above URL, it's not a URL to an image, but to a page, so it will just open to a new page. &nbsp;You'd need to save the image with one of the buttons to the right (probably the PNG one), then upload it somewhere that you can reference it. (I suggest the Roll20 User Library so you can use it in scripts).
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gary W. said: but have also heard a lot of complaining that they interfere with other scripts. Didn't Sky even say that he was their favorite target once, or the most unpopular script with other script authors? Based on that I have avoided using them. I've been running a game for the past 2.5 years consistently with powercards and an ever increasing array of other scripts. I've yet to have a conflict that was powercards doing :)
Thanks Aaron. Was to lazy to download the images from game icon and used the ones i had made. But they show up and are workable as is. Will fix them later when my ocd kicks in. This is useable as is, but is it possible to make the images shown smaller? Uriah Status Board Uriah Blackwatch Blinded | Clear Blinded • A blinded creature can’t see and automatically fails any ability check that requires sight. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage, and the creature’s attack rolls have disadvantage. Charmed | Clear Charmed • A charmed creature can't attack the charmer or target the charmer with harmful abilities or magical effects. • The charmer has advantage on any ability check to interact socially with the creature. Deafened | Clear Deafened • A deafened creature can’t hear and automatically fails any ability check that requires hearing. Frightened | Clear Frightened • A frightened creature has disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls while the source of its fear is within line of sight. • The creature can’t willingly move closer to the source of its fear. Grappled | Clear Grappled • A grappled creature’s speed becomes 0, and it can't benefit from any bonus to its speed. • The condition ends if the grappler is incapacitated (see the condition). • The condition also ends if an effect removes the grappled creature from the reach of the grappler or grappling effect, such as when a creature is hurled away by the thunderwave spell. Invisibility | Clear Invisibility • An invisible creature is impossible to see without the aid of magic or a special sense. For the purpose of hiding, the creature is heavily obscured. The crea­ture’s location can be detected by any noise it makes or any tracks it leaves. • Attack rolls against the creature have disadvantage, and the creature’s attack rolls have advantage.
Ziechael said: Gary W. said: but have also heard a lot of complaining that they interfere with other scripts. Didn't Sky even say that he was their favorite target once, or the most unpopular script with other script authors? Based on that I have avoided using them. I've been running a game for the past 2.5 years consistently with powercards and an ever increasing array of other scripts. I've yet to have a conflict that was powercards doing :) Awesome! I will give them a shot sometime then. They caught my interest very early, but never got around to using them. When I saw Sky make that comment it sealed the deal
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Not without the API or a Custom Roll Template. &nbsp;Images render at the smaller of: Their Native Size The Available Space
the expected answer. Thanks Aaron!
Gary W. said: Ziechael said: Gary W. said: but have also heard a lot of complaining that they interfere with other scripts. Didn't Sky even say that he was their favorite target once, or the most unpopular script with other script authors? Based on that I have avoided using them. I've been running a game for the past 2.5 years consistently with powercards and an ever increasing array of other scripts. I've yet to have a conflict that was powercards doing :) Awesome! I will give them a shot sometime then. They caught my interest very early, but never got around to using them. When I saw Sky make that comment it sealed the deal I have no idea what you're talking about... lol.
It was in one of the threads about the new sheet workers. You probably were joking, but since I didn't have any context, I didn't know it :)&nbsp;