Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Macro][Mutant: Year Zero] Mutant: Year Zero roll macro

Edited 1501398524
Hi folks, I just put together a couple macros for my M:YZ group to use and figured I'd share them here. You're a bit limited in what you can do without having use of API, but this macro does about as much as it can. To see the exact results of your die, just hover over the numbers on the table. Unfortunately you'll have to do this to manually input how many dice get carried over when you push your roll, as well as find out how much trauma and gear damage you're subject to taking. If you see any improvements that can be made feel free to contribute. Enjoy. TED said: Okay, here's the 2 macros you're going to want. How to install them: 1. Make sure that your trauma scores on your character sheet count down as you take trauma rather than count up. So for instance, if you've taken 4 fatigue trauma and have 5 agility, you'd want your sheet to look like this: "Agility 5 | Fatigue 1 / 5". If you haven't taken trauma, all 3 numbers should be the same for each attribute. If you're familiar with macros you can just read step 5 and be done; the rest of this is for beginners. 2. Copy the code. 3. Open your character sheet in the game and go to the "Attributes & Abilities" tab. 4. On the right it will say "Abilities" and have a button that says "+Add"; click it. 5. A new ability is now in your sheet. Hover over it and you'll see a pencil off to the right; click it. 6. Change default title of the first macro to what makes sense to you. Just be sure to change the title of the second macro to "Push"; it won't work otherwise. 7. Paste the code into the second box. 8. Hover over the ability and you'll see a check mark off to the right; click it. 9. Click the "show in macro bar" checkbox if you want to have easy access to the macro without going into the character sheet. You only need to do this for the first macro. Macro 1: this is the one you'll want in your macro bar. &{template:default} {{name=@{character_name}'s Skill Test}} {{Skill: ?{Skill|Endure (Strength),Endure (Strength)= [[(@{endure})d6>6s]]|Force (Strength),Force (Strength)= [[(@{force})d6>6s]]|Fight (Strength),Fight (Strength)= [[(@{fight})d6>6s]]|Sneak (Agility),Sneak (Agility)= [[(@{sneak})d6>6s]]|Move (Agility),Move (Agility)= [[(@{move})d6>6s]]|Shoot (Agility),Shoot (Agility)= [[(@{shoot})d6>6s]]|Scout (Wits),Scout (Wits)= [[(@{scout})d6>6s]]|Comprehend (Wits),Comprehend (Wits)= [[(@{comprehend})d6>6s]]|Know the Zone (Wits),Know the Zone (Wits)= [[(@{knowthezone})d6>6s]]|Sense Emotion (Empathy),Sense Emotion (Empathy)= [[(@{senseemotion})d6>6s]]|Manipulate,Manipulate (Empathy)= [[(@{manipulate})d6>6s]]|Heal (Empathy),Heal (Empathy)= [[(@{heal})d6>6s]]|@{custom-skill-name},@{custom-skill-name}= [[(@{custom-skill-value})d6>6s]]}}} {{Attribute: ?{Attribute|Strength,Strength= [[(@{damage})d6>6s]]|Agility,Agility= [[(@{fatigue})d6>6s]]|Wits,Wits= [[(@{confusion})d6>6s]]|Empathy,Empathy= [[(@{doubt})d6>6s]]}}} {{Gear: ?{Gear Used|None}= [[(?{Gear Dice|0})d6>6s]] }}{{Push it?= [Push it!](~@{character_name}|Push)}} Macro 2: make sure to title this one "Push" &{template:default} {{name=@{character_name} Pushes the Roll}} {{Skill Dice= [[?{Skill Dice that rolled 1-5|0}d6>6s]]}} {{Attribute Dice= [[?{Attribute Dice that rolled 2-5|0}d6>6s]]}} {{Gear Dice= [[?{Gear Dice that rolled 2-5|0}d6>6s]]}}
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It looks to me like you putting a lot of stuff in one macro there. There are two MY0 sheets, do they not include roll macros for each skill and stat?
not the one I have access to :D

Edited 1501391304
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're right, there's only one accessible, and it doesnt have roll buttons. That's pretty inconvenient. I guess your macros are the best way to do it right now. You can simplify that first macro: You dont need the "character|" parts if you put the macro on the Attributes and Abilities tab of the character sheet. (So [[(@{CHARACTERNAME|fight})d6>6s]] becomes [[(@{fight})d6>6s]] The abilities there have a Show in Macro Bar checkbox, so you get them in the macro bar anyway. And you can use @{character_name} directly to replace {{name=CHARACTERNAME's Skill Test}} with {{name=@{character_name}'s Skill Test}} This would simplify the instructions to players a bit. They dont have to do any find and replace operations.

Edited 1501398670
Ah, thank you! I saw something about excluding the "character|" bit on the abilities button section of the macros documentation and it was presented in such a way that it's not obvious that such syntax applies in a more general manner. When I shared this with my GM that was his main complaint, so this should make him happy. That part should probably be more clear on the wiki. I've edited the OP accordingly - why do something in 10 steps when you can do it in 9, right? Someone has made an API script for doing the rolls in a much more pretty and effective fashion, but the real sticking point on Roll20 seems to be getting updates implemented to character sheets. When you play niche games with poor character sheet support Roll20 can get pretty cumbersome :/
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If your GM has API access, they can copy the sheet code from the github, and paste it as a custom sheet in your campaign. Then you can make adjustments (like adding those updates that roll20 doesnt get around to adding). It does need someone with some ability with html and css to make modifications, so I wouldnt recommend it to complete html newbies, but if you have someone like that in your group it can be worth it. Also standalone API scripts dont need character sheets to be modified - the GM can add them without changing the character sheet.

Edited 1501561104
I'm aware. If any of us had Pro subscriptions I wouldn't be making macros, though. It came to my attention that talents are missing from the macro. I don't have the rulebook on hand to see what values I need to include, so I'll update this next week with that. I also have a generalized version with manual entry for the GM to use on the fly as well as one for the dog handler's playbook skill, which requires using their dog's attribute.