Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for 5e learning/training game

I've always preferred 2e AD&D.  After reading some articles about 5e vs 2e, I'd like to find a game or group willing to introduce me to 5e, both playing and running. What I'm looking for: A group or gm who is willing to teach the 5e system.  How it works, what home rules you use, what you do to make the game more fun. Time: Saturday afternoon or evenings -7 GMT (Arizona/ Pacific time zone) any time between noon and midnight. Background: I've been playing AD&D since 1977 and just had a pathfinder group break up.  I don't like the power creep/ min-maxing of PF/3.5 and I'm hoping 5e will bring things back in the direction of 2e.  I've played just about every TSR system from the 70's and 80's (except Boot Hill which I could never find) and numerous other systems.  I like action as much as role-play. I tend to be a bit withdrawn and quiet at first, but once I get into the game and familiar with the group, I can be as loud and excited as anyone.  I am punctual and if I'm going to miss a session, I'll let the GM know as soon as I can. Please feel free to PM me with further information about your game.
Epic homebrew 5e campaign already proven to be great and already played multiple times with local groups. Looking for members for online group. Tuesdays - 7pm to 10 PM EST - MIN 3 hours per week. Sessions may run longer if EVERYONE is OK with that. Otherwise, need players who can commit each week to 3 hours. DM follows 5e rules to approx 95% due to DM discretion. Discord Server ready to go. Maps ready to go. Story line ready to go. NOT RAILROADING -- 99% of the time, actions and storyline can be modified by player actions.