Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

I'm so frustrated with translations [Tales from the Loop]

Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Please, someone... anyone... help. I have read the wiki. The translation file works perfectly in my game with the custom sheet and the translation file. But for some reason, when uploaded to GitHub, the translation doesn't work from the drop down menu. Even the css to alter the title image isn't working correctly. But again, it works perfectly in my game when I switch the language to Swedish. The file setup looks correct as far as I can tell - the sv.json file is in a translation folder and there is a translation.json in the main file. I don't even know what to try next.
Just a guess, did you save the files as Unicode? If so, what text editor did you use?
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
I used Notepadd++. Should I be using something else?

Edited 1501558465
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
post in the bug forum. Phil knows how the translation system works the best, but I don't know what he is working on right now. (for the encoding: in Notepad++, there is an "Encoding" menu, just make sure UTF-8 is checked , which it probably is.)
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
(Moving this to Bugs & Troubleshooting)
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
I double checked, and UTF-8 encoding is selected. Thanks for the move, GenKitty. I appreciate everyone's help. Hopefully I can figure this out soon!
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Kirsty, I'm looking at the game in Swedish, from the list, and it looks correct to me. Granted I don't know Swedish, and I'm not familiar with this particular system, but it doesn't look "broken". Is there something, specificly, that you are having issues with? If you give me a code snippet and/or some comparison images that show what's not working for you I'll have an easier time assisting you.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Well I feel like a total idiot. I just started a new game to show you my problem, and it worked. Maybe I tested it too soon after the GitHub request was merged? Sorry to waste everyone's time. Please mark this as resolved.