Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] (Looking for Players) Exalted 3e - Biweekly Sundays @ 17:00 GMT

Edited 1502314364
Pinmissile
Sheet Author
API Scripter
NO LONGER RECRUITING! -  Thank you for showing interest in our campaign! Divine Right - An Exalted 3e Campaign Hi there! My name is Ludvig, and I'm hosting an Exalted campaign called Divine Right. I've been RPing for over four years now, and this is the third campaign I've GMed. I've made a couple of character sheets here on Roll20, I developed an easy API-less system used for rolling in the Exalted system, and exaltScript - A general use API script for Exalted 3e campaigns. Me and my RP group are looking for another to join us and our game, and we're hoping we can find one here! About the campaign & System Divine Right is a campaign set in the Scavenger Lands, and is centered around a small group of Solar Exalted united under the ambition to make the world a better place. The major themes are that of the struggles of leadership, and what gives one the right to rule. Currently, the players have uncovered a Realm plot to rid Solars of their exaltation, and potentially weaponizing their spark. As such, expect a steady ramp up in power and stakes, and big, emotional battles. Exalted is a system that I like to best describe as weeaboo fight magic bullshit. Combat is highly cinematic, and players are outright expected to do the traditionally impossible on a regular basis. This goes doubly for Solar Exalted. I once thought I'd spice things up by throwing a small army of 50 bandits against two players, and they utterly destroyed it in two rounds. The party consists of Rayshwüf - a former Scarlet Empire general with ambitions to rule the world, Rukorek - the strongest man in the world who seeks to liberate all slaves, Excellent Smile - A woman from the south with strong ties to gods and spirits, and Ocean - a natural performer and spymaster. The party is at the cusp of reaching essence 2, so we're a little ways into the campaign by now. New players would recieve the average XP gained thus far. We're a tight-knit group that have RPed for a long while now, and we want to be sure that we bring in people who will best mesh with us. If you're thinking of joining, please keep this in mind: We use Skype for every game, so it's essential that you own a good (enough) microphone and can speak English fluently We play on every other Sunday from around 17:00 GMT, it's important that you consistently make those times. If you occasionally can't make it, it's even more important that you tell us. A player that suddenly doesn't show risks ruining the evening for the rest of the group. We're fine with bringing in people with no prior experience with Exalted 3e, we're relatively new at this system too - But it can at times be a somewhat taxing system. We'll gladly guide you through the process, and we have developed several macros and a script to make it easier, but if you're the kind of person who hates spending four hours picking charms this might not be the game for you. We'd like to have five players. So we're looking for one more player. Not too many and not too few. Don't be " That Guy ". We like to think of ourselves as reasonably well-rounded adults, and would like to keep the group that way. The most important thing here is that we all have fun. If you have any questions for us, please feel free to leave them below! If you're interested in joining, shoot me a PM!
Hi everyone! I'm one of the players - Excellent Smile. please feel free to ask me anything if you need a players perspective or if you just want to know more. 
Well i've pmed Pinmissile my interest and i do have a few questions. 1) Is there anything in particular the party is missing? I'm pretty flexible at making characters so will happily fill any gaps. 2) How serious is the group? For instance is there a  joking around or would i be expected to stay very focused/in character the whole time.
Hello Christopher! The fella playing the ambitious Rayshwüf here. Maybe Lord Pinmissle, may he always walk to victory, has answered already but I will have a gander at question one. If nothing else, it might help other applicants. What we don't have (and it would probably be good to have) is someone with good lore and/or investigation. Other than that, skills that nobody have really invested alot in (I think) is Archery, Bureuocracy, Craft, Linguistics, Ride, Sail and Survival. Unless it wasnt clear in the character description, we currently have characters with Athletics, Performance, Occult and Presence. I would say that as long as you do not take the same Supernal as anyone else, choose whatever skills you want.
I agree with Frank here, really if you've got a good idea or two there's room for another. No character in exalted is really defined by a single skill so just go wild.  Christopher, do you have a favored archetype? most likely we can fit it in.  For the second question, there are a lot of jokes getting dropped but nothing that interrupts the game play. The story is quite serious but not restrictive. I hope that gives you a better picture.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Aw, damn. This sounds like so much fun, but that time slot cuts too close to another weekly engagement I've got. =(
I guess my favourite archetype is a warrior of some sort? Most of my characters do end up being decent at fighting. Looking at the list of missing skills a well educated horse archer concept is coming to mind something like Kublai Khan. Though this is just an initial concept and is subject to change.