Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Compendium Disclaimer

keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Compendium really needs a disclaimer on it that tells new users what they can expect to find in it. Every week or two, the forum gets posts like "I can't find [Monster/Spell/Class/Item]". It's easy enough to explain to people the nature of the SRD, but we shouldn't have to, and new users shouldn't have to waste time on fruitless searches, developing a potentially negative first impression. I envision a disclaimer that explains the nature of the Compendium that would appear every time someone accesses it on the site or in the VTT Tab, until the user checks a box saying "permanently dismiss this dialog box". It could be reset from the user's account page somewhere if necessary. I know this would be a help in the 5e Disclaimer, and probably in PF, but I'm not as familiar with that one.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If only I had a vote free to use on this

Edited 1501889054
There seems to be a handful of FAQs that always crop up on the forums (MIssing items in the SRD, If/Then in macros, needing to clear the chat archive to fix broken chat, Dice randomness, re-using dice rolls in further processing, why isn't my favorite game listed in the LFG game list, linking to external resources (either for data or storage), advanced macros (aka HTML encoding), having two users in the game to trigger AV to work, why can't I find my game in LFG (aka wait two hours and check Mature players), will Roll20 release a particular WotC product, etc., and I'm sure I'm missing a few). A prominent FAQ in the Forums might be a good solution to curb some of this.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Linking tokens for characters vs mooks is another.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .