Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Freehand drawn objects misplaced on player view

On top of a map I have traced a path along a route that the characters should be taking. My players are reporting that the path I've drawn is significantly to the right of where it should be (meaning they will be swimming with the fishies)
I am running Firefox 12.0 on a 64 bit Windows 7 Machine
here are the GM and the player screens
we tested on another map and the feature worked fine. Went back to this map, and now it's working fine as well. Can't seem to reproduce this problem now
That may be related to the zoom level. I could reproduce it that way (player at 70%, GM at 100% == shift to the right)
Further testing does seem to suggest that map zooming messes up the placement of freehand drawing.
Yes, I was having this conflict yesterday with freehand-drawn items and the zoom levels. I think it also affected the ping as well (pinged a token, players reported ping was up and to the left).
In the same theme, I've also had them move on me when I quit and came back later, and one of my players said the he could only draw in black ink. No matter what he picked in the color selector, it always stayed black.
the color selector is a color changer, not a selector. In other words, you have to draw in black all the time, then select what you've drawn and THEN change the color to what you want it to be.
the color selector is a color changer, not a selector. In other words, you have to draw in black all the time, then select what you've drawn and THEN change the color to what you want it to be. Yeah, sorry, I phrased that poorly. He was using it to change, but despite the swatch changing in the box, his line never did. It worked fine for me, but he was stuck with black ink.