Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Exalted 3rd Ed Sheet Clarifications/Requests.

First, thanks for all the effort put into the sheet, it’s very nice. But some things look weird to me. 1. The Attributes, Abilities and Merits going to 10 dots. If I’ve read the book correctly, the max stat and skill for the game is 5. There is no need to go higher than that. And that just adds 5 more clicks if you missclick and add one dot more than planned. A minor gripe, but a gripe nevertheless. Unless I am wrong, and characters can go higher than 5 dots. 2. Parry calculation. It would be really nice if Weapons section had a tick box to denote what weapon you are using, so that the Parry autocalculating box used the Attribute and Defense modifier associated with the weapon currently in use. Currently the autocalculation box uses the highest skill (Brawl or Melee) and the highest Defense bonus among all the listed weapons. 3. Another minor thing, but I do not think you need tick boxes opposite Attributes. But I might be wrong on this one. 4. Concerning Health and Defense autocalculation, I would rather prefer the boxes to just be writable fields. But that’s a personal “thing”.

Edited 1502486839
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Characters with Essence above 5 can have attributes and abilities above 5. While it's impossible to reach Essence 6 until the character is at least 100 years old, some people like to run high-powered campaigns (well... higher-powered than Exalted already is). It's also worth noting that in Second Edition, Lunars in War Form could potentially get attributes above 5, and Infernals could potentially cheat and have an effective Essence 1 higher than their supposed maximum prior to being "old enough". There's no specific rules for this in Third Edition at the moment, because all we've got so far is Solars. As for misclicks, note that when you're focused on a particular trait (for example by clicking on it at least once), you can change the value up or  down by using arrow keys. IIRC, the Ex3 rules do  say to use the highest stat and best weapon. I would have to double-check on that, though. Those are in preparation for Lunars and Alchemicals, who have favored/caste attributes in Second Edition, and the assumption is that the same will be true in Ex3. IIRC there was also a rumor that Liminal Exalts would be attribute-based, as well. EDIT:  Pinmissile has recently been in discussion with me, working on an update to the sheet. The update splits Charms and Sorceries into their own tabs (to give more space to describe the effect), and it will also let you modify the function to calculate maximum personal/peripheral essence pools (currently, the sheet only uses the Solar equation).  Pull request #2894 contains the changes , and it will probably be merged and available to all next week.
Thanks for the clarifications. And an update is great news, as I am planning to run Exalted starting next week. As for 2. If you were disarmed, lost your weapon temporarily, or just chose to use your fist of ultimate justice, it would be a lot quicker and easier to just un-tick a box than deleting your weapon, and then putting it in again. I know, First World problems...
Can the sheet be modified such that Defense ratings take into account Specialties? My brawler's Parry should be 6 thanks to his Unarmed specialty (see Exalted, 3rd Ed., p.194 ). 

Edited 1502823643
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mzzl said: Can the sheet be modified such that Defense ratings take into account Specialties? My brawler's Parry should be 6 thanks to his Unarmed specialty (see Exalted, 3rd Ed., p.194 ).  Yes, I see the cause of the problem here. p214 includes specialty in the equation for Resolve and Guile, while p194 excludes specialties when it lists the equations for Parry and Evasion, but then adds "Any applicable specialties add +1 to the calculation before dividing by two and rounding up." in a later paragraph. Edit: I've added @{parry-specialty} and @{evasion-specialty} just like Resolve and Guile, and I'll be committing the change shortly. Edit2:  PR #2920 is up, and will probably be merged next week.