Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[BUG] "Couldn't determine result type" error when using a label in roll or inline roll without a dice roll.

Sam
Sheet Author
" Could not determine result type of: [{"type":"M","expr":3},{"type":"L","text":"hi"}] " error when trying to do a math roll if no dice roll is present. [[ 3 [hi] ]] and /r 3 [hi] both fail while /r 0d1 + 3 [hi] and [[ 0d1 + 3 [hi] ]] succeed. There are times when I need to have math evaluations where no rolls are happening but having the labels for clarification of where the modifiers came from are helpful. This bug would sometimes happen before Rugged Reroll, but now it always happens for me.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Samuel , sorry this slipped through the cracks. At this time the inline roller is not set up for math. I believe, it is limitation of the current setup rather than a bug but I will ask the Devs.
Sam
Sheet Author
The inline roller does fine for math. [[2 + 5]] will output 7 just fine. The problem is when you use labels without a dice roll [[2 [BAB] + 5 [Enhancement]]].
Gauss
Forum Champion
Doh, I completely spaced off that bug. Yes, it is a known bug. I will add this thread to the bug report.