Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Online][5thEd][Sundays 12pm PDT/7pm UTC/GMT)[High fantasy] Experienced DM Looking for NEW NEW PLAYERS for teaching and homebrew campaign (Will be broadcasted btw) (please read :) )

Edited 1502743659
(PLEASE READ FULLY) GOOD DAY TO YOU ADVENTURERS!!! Hope your day is going good! My name is Tim. I've been DMing now for 5+yrs. I also broadcast on Twitch (xTimmyx). Currently just finished with my sunday afternoon campaign and am looking for new players that are new to the game. My style of game is High Fantasy, with a very good balance of Roleplaying, staying in character mind you, and Combat. I also stand up while I DM as well too, since that tends to provide a more upbeat setting, but still being serious and dramatic (at least that's what i was told haha) :D I will be teaching you the ways of D&D 5thed and also how to use Roll20. Once I feel you are all good to play the game then we will run the campaign which we will all decide together on what type of campaign we should do together :) If you have ever watched Critical Role though, that is huge bonus points on my end. TIME: The campaign will start on sunday afternoons at 12pm PST or 7pm GMT if you live in the UK or wherever you live at, and we will end at 4pm PST / 11pm GMT. I really want a good balance of gals and guys here as well too! Since i do broadcast on twitch, i will be mindful of the teachings of both the system and Roll20, so i will not broadcast that (unless you want me to). But once the campaign will start, then i will broadcast it. PARTY SIZE: I can and will accept a party size of up to 7 people! I have experience with large parties! REQUIREMENTS: 1. DONT BE A DICK/BITCH (sorry but i will not put up with that crap), BE respectful and mature. Have a mic and webcam. since i will be broadcasting, people tend to like to see who they are seeing, who they are tied to (for that character) and ESPECIALLY seeing their reactions when something epic or sad or shocking happens during the campaign. BE RELIABLE & CONSISTENT!! We will be meeting every sunday to play every sunday! yes there will be times that people cant play cuz of Family matters or are sick. but if you are consistently missing session, you're letting the group down, letting me down and the viewers as well too. 18+. Unfortunately due to my way of DMing, it is a bit mature. PHB if you can get one, a way or another. It will be HUGELY beneficial for you to have one. (OPTIONAL) Voice actors and/or theater peeps would be a GOD SEND! its a long shot but i thought i would try! hahaha. I ALSO Wanna tell you that i do not discriminate or judge or make fun of who or what you're about! everyone is different! everyone deserves a chance and everyone should be equal! <3 <3 So with that...I LOOK FORWARD TO TEACHING YOU! I am very patient, super nice! I look forward to getting to know you and hope to have an awesome time during the campaign! lemme know what your name is, how old you are, and where you're from (city is not needed but state and country would be good) Name Age Location Players Handbook?? EDIT: THERE IS PROBABLY GOING TO BE A LOT OF APPLICANTS, SO PLEASE DONT FEEL BAD IF I DONT PICK YOU! D:
Name: Darius Age: 22 Location: Texas, USA I have all of the core rulebooks. :)
Name: Dylan Age: 20 Location: Illinois, USA Players Handbook: That and the rest of the books.

Edited 1502697447
Name: Michael Age: 23 Location: Germany I have all the core rulebooks because I DM a bit myself :) Well funny you would ask I played the last 3 years in amateur theater plays :) Its not the brodway but we had crowds of around 130-180 people (I was told I had some talent^^ but you will be the judge of that ;) ) Well what is there to tell... Im a student, I enjoy D&D (<--- obviosly^^) also Im a parttime barkeeper which is fun. Hmm, why would you play with me? Im talkative and since I dont want to talk to myself I engage other characters in conversations to make the game more fun. Thanks for your consideration  Yours truly Michael
Name: Adam Age: 35 Location: Houayxai, Laos (I'm American from the West coast). I have a relaxed schedule right now (working 3hrs a day is all) here so I don't mind setting my alarm to be in a good session! :D I'm new to D20 and 5E but not Roleplaying.  I've played 1st Edition, 2nd Edition, Classic, 3.0/3.5, Rifts even a little Traveler if you remember that one. I have played two 5E sessions over Skype with friends back home. I've read PHB/DMG but not monster manuals (but I do have them). I love playing quirky characters and fleshing out/acting out their backstories. Depending on your preference I can play any class/race/alignment, just give me details on the setting and I'll try to find something that suits it. As far as acting experience I'm an English teacher and that's half my job in Asia is entertaining the kids with funny voices, animated facial expressions, etc. Dungeon Crawl or Pure Roleplaying I still like to Role play and create a fun atmosphere along the way. I do not min/max honestly if I rolled a 6 I just smile because that's fun to roleplay. I just pick stats and abilities that I think would fit the character and be entertaining. Hope to hear from you. :)
Name: Syngian Age: 40 Location: Texas Players Handbook: yes

Edited 1502725387
Hi Tim This sounds brilliant and definitely something i would love to get involved with and help out with too. I am completely new to D&D and would cherish the opportunity to learn from the very beginning. I have watched critical roll and also force grey with Mat Mercer and have to say its whats brought me to D&D. I would love to play that kind of game and build that kind of dynamic with a group of like minded people. So here are the answers to the questions requested: Name: Pedro Age: 37 Location: United Kingdom Players Handbook: Yes i have both the PHB and DMG I do appreciate that you can't choose everyone so if you can't choose me this time, please consider me next time.
Name: Luke Age: 24 Location: Romania, East Europe Players Handbook: Basic One.  PS: did not play a game yet

Edited 1502753729
Name Eli Age 22 Location Wisconsin USA Players Handbook N/A. I have experience playing Pathfinder and numerous home brew games with a few friends who live in my area, they have all filled their tables and I am always looking for a game to learn more. I've only played 3-4 campaigns but I have made over 20 characters. I can do voice acting and stay in character well, i have had practice with LARP keeping character in busy fights or in taverns. P.S. I have cam, mic and discord and i am Eager to participate!
Name: Sofi Age: 19 Location: France (but I study in the states so for most of the year I'm in EST) Players Handbook: Only in PDFs rn but I'm hoping to get my hands on a hardcopy soon, paycheck allowing...  You sound like a pretty entertaining and inclusive DM, and I'd def be interested in a high-fantasy Matt Mercer style homebrew game. Experience-wise, I've been playing 4e sporadically for a couple years, but am pretty new to 5e and Roll20 (aside from consuming all of CR and TAZ in like three months). I must be honest though that until I finalize my academic/work schedule for next year (around early Sept), I cannot guarantee availability at the indicated time. If you decide to consider my application, I would let you know asap if there are any scheduling conflicts. Thank you!
I'm not that new (and thus, not applying unless otherwise allowed ha ha ha) but for anyone here who doesn't have the PHBs, I use the Paizo site for rules when I play pathfinder. Not sure which rules Tim goes by, but that's a decent starting place, I'd say. It also helps a lot as a reference guide when doing character creation. I highly recommend someone go for Undine (race) Watersinger/Kineticist if you're daring. You can become Aang. No, really, you can even bloodbend. :D Cheers, Tim. Thanks for keeping Pathfinder alive and well. Look forward to playing with y'all in the future, hopefully. Pathfinder allows some crazy, kookie stuff. :D <a href="http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/ge" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/ge</a>...

Edited 1502772912
PLAYER INFORMATION Name: Thomas Age: 26 Location: Minnesota, USA (CDT zone) Player's Handbook: Yes! Got one. Voices: Well I'm no voice actor, but I do a pretty solid Bartok from the 1997 animated Anastasia movie, Cleveland from Family Guy, Gru from Despicable Me, a couple others.
Name:Zala Age: 15 Location: Maryland, USA I have all of the core rulebooks. but I have never played