Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shaped Sheet with Matt's Door Script

Edited 1503188466
I have grown very fond of Matt's Door script. Partly due to the IKEA effect, it took a long time and a lot of work before the script was functional in my campaign. But now that it is running, I cannot really envision a world where the players need my help to open doors and check for traps. The players are loving the script as well. The only lingering problem is the script cannot recognize repeating fields. My work around is to create an attribute and manually input the data. Not a very hard task, but remembering to update the information is a chore, and defeats the purpose of running the script in the first place.  Is there a way to link that attribute to the total with sign field from the Shaped sheet? My only other thought is to create a macro that uses ChatSetAttr to automatically update that field when I remember to use it. 
"My only other thought is to create a macro that uses ChatSetAttr to automatically update that field when I remember to use it." That is how I do it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Shaped automatically creates static totals (and passives if you use them). I forget the exact names and am on vacation so I cannot verify, but try the following: perception perception_total passive_perception perception_passive (older sheets)
Ravenknight said: "My only other thought is to create a macro that uses ChatSetAttr to automatically update that field when I remember to use it." That is how I do it. Thanks
Kryx said: Shaped automatically creates static totals (and passives if you use them). I forget the exact names and am on vacation so I cannot verify, but try the following: perception perception_total passive_perception perception_passive (older sheets) Anything, or any possibility of adding a way, to this for thievery and investigation as well? Matt's Doors seems to have quite a following
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Replace perception with the name used for the skill. It should work for all of them, even custom ones.
Kryx said: Replace perception with the name used for the skill. It should work for all of them, even custom ones. I see the passive_thievery, passive_perception, and passive_investigation with numbers that match the characters current totals- so they must be the latest format. I also the older ones with the skill name followed by passive. Do not see anything with the just the skill name or the skill name_total.