Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] 5e-3 Irish players looking to play on weekends with a dedicated group.

Hey all, after failing to create a stable group with other friends here at home due to time issues and a lack of a committed DM, me and a couple of other friends based in Ireland are looking to play online instead. We've not been able to play much at all, but hopefully we can turn that around here at roll20 with a dedicated group. Thanks.
Hey there! I'm in Dublin, and looking to find a group myself. If you'd still be in the market for an IRL game and are based around Dublin, I'd be available or, failing that, I'd be interested in joining you online for a game as well :)  Are you looking for a DM, or just more players?
Also from Dublin. Kind of either atm, one of the other guys is willing to DM, but he's just inexperienced with the game so he just needs to either play and learn the game or DM and get help along the way. He would prefer to play IRL with even a small number of people, and I'd have no issue doing so as well. The issue we're currently having is that we have one half of younger players, (us 3 included) are inexperienced and can't manage to get a good game going, and the other half, a couple of older players have time/commitment issues. Our previous DM has gone to look for full time employment, and it's just been difficult getting a proper group together, which is why we've come here to roll20. The other guy apart from me has DM'd in the past and is fairly willing to do either I think. I'm 100% a player though. Perhaps we can get a discord/group chat going and try and sort things out?
Yeah, totally, let's get a discussion going! I'm inexperienced as all Hell too, but I've DM'd a few games so if the DM needs a bit of leeway to learn on the job, you know, I've no problem with that personally. I can also lend a hand if needed, I don't mind. What're the ages of folks involved? Time/commitment is always an issue for anyone, sure, but I'm currently flexible so able to work to other people's needs, haha. My name, by the way, is Matt - Abigail is just a character I regularly play on Roll20 so makes for a perfect screen name :P 
Would not mind DM'ing a group of Irishman, My great grand parents were from the emerald isle. I live in the USA, so my evenings around 6pm CST be ok? Maybe friday nights?
The willing to Dm guy is 18, and us 2 are 17 but 18 in september. And yourself?  What's your Discord tag? I'll add you and get a group open
Sounds good Scott! Although if Ireland is 5 hours ahead, it seems like us dubs may be in for some long nights. We'll sort it out though, do you have a discord as well? I'll try and get a group chat open to get the discussion going in real time :P
Hey, just wondering if you have that group going. From dublin too and would be good to join a game. Usually DM but want to be a player for a bit
This should apply to any and all players from Dublin moving forwards - If you're looking for a group, drop by (or get in touch with) The Clockwork Door, just next to Merchants' Arch. They host regular game sessions and can help you find a group if you've no idea how to go about it. It's an incredible place anyway, and they host a lot, lot more than just Dungeons & Dragons, but for finding a group painlessly in a friendly, open environment there is genuinely nowhere better in the city that I know of. Hope this helps! (I play there with a group every Tuesday evening, though with 7 players we're basically full to the brim).
Hey, I'm from the UK but would love to play! Email me and ill drop you my discord if interested :)