Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"Fog & Function" Preview; See Roll20's September Update

Fresh off of Gen Con, we have a preview of our next update: <a href="https://youtu.be/DO5vG7TyLQ0" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/DO5vG7TyLQ0</a> Included in the update... Advance Fog of War: one of our all time most requested features premieres, with subscribers able to use Roll20 Dynamic Lighting in the style of classic real-time strategy games. New Character Sheets: Dungeon World & GUMSHOE D&D 5E OGL Sheet Updates New Compendium Functionality While we've already talked quite a bit about the Compendium changes, the rest of this is exciting new information that we'll be spending the next month giving you more information on. And now... we'll crawl back in bed and shiver off our con crud. ;)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sweet! &nbsp;I can't wait!
Really looking forward to this update!
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Amazing!! I'm so excited!!!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Looks pretty sweet. I'm glad we won't have to clunk around with light and sight meta-tokens.
Sweet!!!
+1
Advanced FoW looks promising! Nice work.
Will there be improvements to the Pathfinder Compendium, and if so, what will they be?&nbsp; The 5E compendium is getting tons of love, however the PF compendium is just a mess, and lacks most of the OGL info out there.&nbsp; The fog of war changes look great however.&nbsp; Looking forward to testing them out.
I'm looking forward to this update, but similar to the Pathfinder question is if we'll see a sheet for Starfinder soon enough.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kurt R. said: I'm looking forward to this update, but similar to the Pathfinder question is if we'll see a sheet for Starfinder soon enough. Yup
I love the advanced fog of war but will there be an option to turn it off and go with dynamic lighting as it presently is?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Doug E. said: I love the advanced fog of war but will there be an option to turn it off and go with dynamic lighting as it presently is? That question was asked and the answer was "yes, there will be a way to have current behavior"
Will it be quick and easy to enable the advanced fog of war for modules like Curse of Strahd?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
My guess is that it will be enabled by default.
So exciting! And who does the sweet music for these videos? Have you got The Aaron on flute, and Steve K killing it with the synthesizer? Melody by Nolan?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hahahahaha! &nbsp;I play the Violin... badly... Background Music "Among the Clouds" by Darren Curtis&nbsp; <a href="https://soundcloud.com/desperate-measurez" rel="nofollow">https://soundcloud.com/desperate-measurez</a>

Edited 1503780759
Havoc
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fog of war looks nice. I hope more functionallity will be expanded and added. Still waiting for an update to the page toolbar. It didn't change for years and is terribad for more than 20 pages.
Any chance of getting this on the dev server for testing? Or is that server basically not a consideration of the Pro subscriber level any more?
Like most if not all Roll20 features, I imagine this will show up on dev for a week or two before making its way to production.
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When Are we getting it?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I believe "End of September" was mentioned somewhere.&nbsp;
This is so freaking awesome! Can't wait for this!
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
the update is live. It still could use some tweaking but overall the result is fantastic.