Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Variable Macro

Edited 1503496066
It would be appreciated if someone could advise as to how to use tables to randomly select an emote via a macro. Looking into prior forum posts the use of table was suggested. However, upon attempting it myself, the results did not look like a standard emote. Below is the initial attempt, without the use of a table, and ultimately what I'd like to do; not using a table. ?{[[1d8]]|1,/em wrinkles his nose in disgust and sniffs about the air.|2,/em eyes hair with a mixture of envy and contempt.|3,/em uses a pitted dagger to scrape out old toe jam.|4,/em whistles a little diddy;off key|5,/em struggles to hum, a mere three notes, with any semblance of rhythm.|6,/em stares at all before him, void of any expression.|7,/em adjusts his leather harness.|8,/em contemplates what life would be like as a rat.} If a table is required it would be appreciated if visual aids could be provided.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey Bryan. You do need a table to do this, but it's an easy set-up. :) Make your new rollable table, click on "add item" and put your text inside giving it a weight of 1. Keep doing this until your table is filled out to your liking. You'll be able to change or add to the table. I'm calling my table "emote". Next, build a macro to call the table and input it into chat: /em [[1t[Emote] ]]
Brilliant! Thanks Kirsty!!! No idea what I was doing before, but it was presenting as a treasure roll. Thank you kindly! (The images truly helped!) As a follow up, is there a means to remove the highlighting? (Presuming no).
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Glad to help! I don't know a way to remove the highlighting unless you put the rollable table in a template. But perhaps someone with better macro-fu than I will come along with a solution...
Templates enh? Another hurdle for another day :) Am pleased as punch with your help. No need for me to be gettin' greedy. Thank you once again. Have a good one Kristy!