Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sheet Selection

Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
So, quick question... Mostly for you people playing 5E D&D... would you like to be able to buy your modules setup for the Shaped Sheet, or does the 5E OGL sheet work well enough? Does Shaped Sheet import the 5E OGL sheet well enough for your desires you don't feel it's a burden? Just thinking if I should release modules on a third sheet, and the logistics at my end to ensure all three versions are equally strong.
I use the shaped sheet and script (not the most current) so I don't know what it would be like to not use the script but I believe the sheet handles conversion quite well. Without the script you still need to open each sheet for it convert. A potential problem I see with creating modules for the shaped is that the sheet changes often, often breaking things from old versions. I could be totally wrong in this. To be compatible with the masses I would assume you would make them with the default sheet offered by Roll20. I think I would buy modules created with the shaped sheet if it were backwards compatible (I'm not sure if it is). Kryx or someone more knowledgeable about the sheet would need to weigh in here. There is still the issue of pre-assigned tokens and their default settings. The bulk of my work in converting the modules is not converting the sheets but re-assigning the token bars. And, fortunately, for the most part I use the pog tokens so I don't have to change those out but many folks prefer the top-down tokens so there is that to consider.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
I sell mine with tokens built in for anyone who needs one except the Players. (So NPC & monsters) so that part isn't a huge problem. It's more about the sheet. Such as... 1) Is it easy to go Roll20 5EOGL -> Shaped, if not would people want versions released ready to play with Shaped? 2) Is it easy to go Diana P's 3.5E -> Pathfinder Sheet or would that be best released already made in PF Sheets...?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
There isn't any converter from the 3.5 to pathfinder, so I think that definitely needs it's own release.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Scott C. said: There isn't any converter from the 3.5 to pathfinder, so I think that definitely needs it's own release. Thanks Scott. That becomes a matter of seeing how strong the PF Market is around Roll20... of course if people want that sort of thing then nagging me via messages or 'other avenues' like Twitter becomes important. :P