Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Editing Token Lag with New Pathfinder Sheets

I am currently using the old Pathfinder Sheets of 09.03.2015 as I edited some forms on there to suit my game, making it so they did not update. Now I am creating new games with the updated pathfinder sheets of Aug 27 2017 and I am getting a lot more lag whenever I double Click a token to assign it values, names and check-boxes. Something this even leads to the Roll20 editor freezing on me for a few seconds, which piles up a lot when trying to edit all the party or creating new monster tokens. As per the suggested actions: 1. I have tried this on both Chrome and Firefox, where Firefox does not seem to have this issue. They are both up to date. 2. I have disabled any extensions and addons in regards to Roll20 in the best way I can find besides deleting them entirely.&nbsp; 3. I have cleared my cache, and while I might have gotten a placebo effect for a minute or so, the lag returned pretty quickly. 4. Here is a link to my Chrome Log:&nbsp; <a href="http://freetexthost.com/pafkqs6vbx" rel="nofollow">http://freetexthost.com/pafkqs6vbx</a> Thanks in advance.

Edited 1504455916
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not really sure how you can mitigate the lag you are experiencing when editing linked tokens... ;-(&nbsp; Just have a look at the drop-down selector at the shear number of non-repeating/hidden attributes that show up.&nbsp; Ugh.&nbsp; However,&nbsp; you might be interested in using the&nbsp; Pathfinder Companion Script to automatically set the status bars/fields for all the linked tokens for you.&nbsp; TokenMod is another awesome tool with even more options that can be used for this as well.&nbsp; That way you do not have to open each token and manually set them.

Edited 1504540293
Sad to see there isn't a fix for this. Hopefully it is rectified in the next patch, along with the repeating attack names. I looked at both Companion and TokenMod and they confuse me or would take as much time to set up.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There is really nothing to patch. The sheet uses over 3k attributes not counting the hidden and repeating attributes. &nbsp;It's simply a beast of code. &nbsp;The roll template dual name bug is fixed in beta and is included in this week's update. &nbsp;If you take a little time to learn those two scripts, they will save you a tremendous amount of time setting up your tokens. &nbsp;Honest.
AWh, damn, that is a shame. Best get learning then. I'll probably try and stick to Companion then. Thanks for the help!

Edited 1504705699
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
One thing that will probably speed it up a lot is if we delete all the old code : old spells, old abilities lists, and old buffs. And anything that supports them. Few users are using those anymore. BUT, if we did and you tried to upgrade your sheet from 2015 to the new one, most of your data would go missing. So to do that... we'd probably want to have a pathfinder 2 sheet or something, where users can decide when to upgrade. Forcing everyone to migrate might not go over well. ..&nbsp; there are some javascript speed increases we could work on. ive tried to speed up a lot of the sheet. attacks are still slow. but i think deleting the old garbage would go farther. but ... that is something we could at least test.
chris b. said: One thing that will probably speed it up a lot is if we delete all the old code : old spells, old abilities lists, and old buffs. And anything that supports them. Few users are using those anymore. BUT, if we did and you tried to upgrade your sheet from 2015 to the new one, most of your data would go missing. So to do that... we'd probably want to have a pathfinder 2 sheet or something, where users can decide when to upgrade. Forcing everyone to migrate might not go over well. ..&nbsp; It's broken if I do that anyway. A lot of the code and references have changed. I tried upgrading my 2015 game to the new one but it deletes all items, spells and class abilities, that's why I still have it set to 2015 sheets. I take it my game would be fine since I edited the code to change Gold to Gil, and it doesn't update automatically.
Good day, I'm not sure if the topic is still open or closed, but I'd like to add some details that could maybe help tracks the source of the lag. We've been using with my group your sheet for a long time and noticed this bug suddenly appeared since the last update. Before we used to have lag but that was latency about one second at most. Here we're talking about lag so hard we have to hard-refresh Roll20 almost every time we set a new token to a character sheet. At first I believed it was my pc having a problem but it actually concerns all of my group, so about 12 persons. Either way, it's not like I'll stop using your sheet, and I just hope you'll find way to fix it in due time, whatever long it take ^^. Still, good work here, and thank you in advance, Dimitri. ps : we already tried to use firefox / cleaning the cache, etc. Cleaning the cache fixed the bug for one hour before it occured again.

Edited 1504899190
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
wow. i was thinking it might be because of too many fields in the dropdown. but there are not that many new fields. It might be because I added calls to&nbsp;setDefaultToken and also an event handler for sheet:compendium-drop I will remove those and see if that helps edit: yes that seems to help some. there is still lag. but i'll include that in the next build
I thought I was loosin it as well when I freeze up stating most any token nowadays so hoping this fix does the trick!! Cheers Tom
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The new version is out, let us know if you see improvement&nbsp;
Will wait for it to update then, still says Sept 10 for me, unless that is the one you mean.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
1.693 is the latest
Yeah, I got that, it's a bit smoother but still lags when assinging values from the sheet.
Hellow, Just here to say that yes, it's now functionning properly and doesn't freeze Roll20 anymore. There's still a bit of lag but about a second or so, so it's not bad at all ^^ Thanks again, and good game : )