Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Homebrew - Tuesdays @ 5pm EST

Edited 1388558847
Of the Empire Happy New Year folks, I'm looking for 2 players for a Tuesday night Homebrew Pathfinder game. We run every Tuesday evening at 5pm EST sharp for about 3-4 hours. Setting Sandbox, epic fantasy with advanced firearms available (not copiously available, but they're around). The players can get together and decide to do whatever they want to do. As a GM that means a lot of content creation, but the maps are already made. Players can choose to participate in some of the larger plot hooks in the game world or create their own. Currently, the prevalent antagonist is "the empire", which is an expansionist military dictatorship that makes life difficult for anyone not flying their banner. Life isn't great under the banner either, for that matter. Characters can fit into one of 4 broad categories for background creation: Freelance Adventurer, Mercenary, Resistance Group Member, or Imperial Turncoat. Character Creation Any class is allowed and any race up to and including 14 RP. Paizo races and classes only. Stats are rolled as follows: 4d6, drop lowest, and re-roll all 1's. Arrange stats as desired. If you end up with absolutely terrible rolls, you may opt for a 20 point buy. This rarely happens though. Two traits. 5000 starting gold. Start at level 5. Maximum HP for levels 1-3, and roll for HP from level 4 onward. Re-roll anything less than half the hit dice. Fast XP track, we're going right to level 20. Expect to level up every 2 sessions on average. Currently the group has a catfolk ninja, a human ranged cleric of Erastil, and a human archery spec ranger. Gameplay Style Heavy roleplaying. Heavy combat. Choices matter in and out of battle. Little things affect character options and story plot hooks, like who you talk to, how you relate to them, prevalent character attitudes, etc. People ask me what the "combat to RP ratio" is. The answer is there isn't one. You can't separate RP from any aspect of the game. The people who will enjoy this game the most are those who take time to get into the details of their character, write up a good background after picking my brain for details on the setting, and they love tactical combat that is quite challenging and sometimes describe as unfair by those expecting to run over encounters as if they were playing a video game on ez mode. Game is played in Roll20 with Skype. Headset and mic required. Player Expectations Like applying for a job, fit is everything. There are many good players out there who just won't make the cut. That said, I don't bother interviewing new players. Stuffy GM's try to interview me all the time for their games with a grocery list of questions. I'm like bro - I'm not interviewing for a f---ing 2nd job, either add me to your roster or get lost. Anyone can look good on paper. How recruitment works is you will add me to skype, we chat briefly about the type of character you want to make, and you make the character in mythweavers. Send the me the link. If I like what I see and you don't scare me to death in chat, you'll be invited on a first come first serve basis. You play a game or two, or maybe three. If you survive that, it's all gravy. What we're looking for in players is maturity, respect, willingness to learn the game in their off time if they're new (ie - don't ask me in game how your spell works, you should have known that already). Weekly commitment is critical. Late arrival or missed session = kick. Disrespect = kick. Playing like an idiot = kick. Not RPing your character (like the paladin who doubled as a drug dealer) = kick. Respect the GM for preparing your entertainment and respect the other players in the group. Next Steps If you're clear on the above and still interested, and add me to Skype. natethegreat976
So, my only question is as follows: if we are interested, do we add you to skype and post on this forum? or do we just add you on Skype and you add us to the game after said interview?
Just the skype add is fine.
Best of luck to you!
Need one more for this one folks. Plz skype me with your character ideas.
/Bump, Had a 5th but he bailed at the last second. Need a player "right now". Weekly commitment required. Sorry for the short notice.
I wouldnt mind trying out for it but I'd have to edit a char page alil
Not sure if a position is still open, but I'd be interested in this. If it is - Skype is zack.franks0
i would love to join if there is room