Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

is /emas only for gm's?

I tried using /emas @{Selected|Token_Name} in my macros but get an error message whenever I try to use it logged in as a player. I play multiple characters so /emas would be very handy.
Yeah, its gm only. :(.
That's a serious bummer

Edited 1388636844
Gid
Roll20 Team
You can emote and say as multiple characters by using the drop down character selector by the chat input box. /emas is really only useful for when a GM has to create a random character on the fly that doesn't already have a journal entry. For instance, using /emas for a character with an existing journal entry won't currently bring up the character portrait in chat.
I would just like to say that /emas may currently be intended to be used as above, but its potential is greater than that. I have entire pages of tokens in my game that I name and group by association so I can just click on the one i'm supposed to be talking/emoting as at the time and use /emas @{selected|token_name} and /say @{selected|token_name}. being able to use this feature as a player would be tremendous - I have players that would have entire conversations with themselves between their characters and incidental NPC's, just for fun.
I agree. While each of my NPCs has /emas commands to click and emote as token name every time, I'm in the kind of game where, for example, players run two characters per combat, and we have been pretty frustrated as it is. The players would really like the character's voice to change without clicking that extra chat box button.