Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[DCC] New DCC Tabbed Sheet is now live!!

This has been in work and in playtesting for two years. It has 3 sheets - a pared down 0-level character sheet, a regular level 1+ sheet with tabs and a Monster sheet for GMs. Most rolls do have roll templates at this time. It includes all the classes from Core and classes from Crawl! and Crawling Under a Broken Moon. I hope to add support for a custom class as well. Thieves have the ability to use the old beta % rolls (per an old request from Claytonian JP). Lucky roll values are included within rolls wherever possible.
lazergoblin said: I've discovered a bug. When on the 0-level tab, Strength bonuses to hit and damage aren't transferring to the melee weapons. I created a character with 3 Strength (so a -3 modifier) and gave him a club with 1d4 damage. The -3 didn't apply to the to hit or damage. Ranged weapons add the bonus to hit from Agility just fine. This issue only appears on the 0-level tab. When I switched over to the 1+ level tab, Strength modifiers are applied to melee weapons without issue. Fix has been submitted -  [DCC Tabbed] Bug fix for 0-level sheet not showing melee to hit/dmg bonus' #2793
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Amanda, First of all - amazing work on the tabbed sheet.  Really appreciate your efforts for the DCC community here. After using the sheet for a few sessions, I've compiled a few items for the backlog.  None of these are bugs, just suggestions... 1. The roll on the fumble table is spelling fumble as "funble" 2. It would be great if the classes with Mighty Deeds had a place to write down some info on their favorite deeds - even if its just page numbers. 3. For the spell casters, I don't see anyplace to capture a constant bonus next to an individual spell.  I have an elf with a permanent +2 on his Invoke Patron spell for example. Thanks again for your incredible efforts.  
I have a new update for the Sheet that should go live sometime next week.  I've gone ahead and fixed the misspelling of "funble" - yay, copy and paste!  I can go ahead and add an "Other Notes" section to those that get the mighty deed.  I have also added in a checkbox for Elves to choose their Lucky Spell.  I can go ahead and add a bonus section for spells as well.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Thank you!
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Amanda, Found a weird behavior when dragging a button from the char sheet to the macro button bar.  Works for all the char sheet buttons except "Single Die Spell Check" in the spellbook for the elf class.  When I drag the button to the macro bar it changes into the "Multi Die Spell Check" macro.  I can't seem to find a way to get the dragged button to not change into the multi die version. My players are loving the character sheet - thanks again for your great work on this.  
Great sheet. Wasn't able to drag weapon attack buttons either. Was there an option to automatically include deed die with the attack button instead of entering it manually on every attack?
Pat said: Hi Amanda, Found a weird behavior when dragging a button from the char sheet to the macro button bar.  Works for all the char sheet buttons except "Single Die Spell Check" in the spellbook for the elf class.  When I drag the button to the macro bar it changes into the "Multi Die Spell Check" macro.  I can't seem to find a way to get the dragged button to not change into the multi die version. My players are loving the character sheet - thanks again for your great work on this.   I think I know why this is occurring and will try a fix to see if it works.
Human Shield said: Great sheet. Wasn't able to drag weapon attack buttons either. Was there an option to automatically include deed die with the attack button instead of entering it manually on every attack? I think I know why the weapon attack buttons aren't dragging either.  I can look into automatically including deed die, but I'm not sure it's possible to show both deed die success and add it into the attack and damage all at the same time because of how the variables work (you can't save values and re-use them without using an API script).
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Amanda, Great job on the last update.  Stumbled on to this one today: The Disapproval roll button doesn't handle a negative luck modifier correctly.  To reproduce, set the cleric's luck to 7 and roll disapproval.  The result is always "0" and the the mouse over shows the die roll with "- - 1" being subtracted from it.   
- The roll buttons not dragging onto the hotbars and the broken disapproval roll with negative luck should be fixed in the next update to go live!
Hi, thank you so much for your great work on the DCC character sheets.  As a new DCC player, all the macros & automatedness really help out. I've noticed the following items that might be issues.   1) It seems the Attack macro button on the Weapons tab doesn't work for classes that don't use a Deed Die.  I've tried Attack button for the Thief, Wizard & Elf class.  In those 3 cases, when it's clicked, the pop up asks for the Deed Die & Any Attack Bonus, but then no dice or rolled & nothing shows up in the chat window.   I think this is caused by the Deed Die being included.  The Backstab button, which doesn't include the Deed Die, works properly.  & I was able to extract the script for the Attack button, & when I removed the Deed Die part, the script worked correctly. 2) The Birth Augur section is missing about 7 of the Lucky Roll Signs & the Broken Star (Fumble) sign has 2 checkboxes. 3) The Class tab for the Elf shows a Familiar section.  I don't see anything specific about Familiars in the Elf section in the DCC book, but I do see that it seems that Wizards can have familiars, so maybe the Familiar section is under the wrong class? 4) Similarly, the Elf Class tab shows a drop down for Momentum.  I didn't see anything about that in the Elf section in the book, so I don't know if that's under the correct class. Thanks again for your great work Black Cavalier
Yes, thank you so much for this new sheet.  It is very well done, and adds a lot of functionality compared to the old one. I too have noticed what appear to be some bugs--although I could be wrong. CritDie for the "1+ Level" sheet is not working. Critical hits from weapon attacks for PC's always state to use Table II when Crit Hit is rolled, regardless of which table the Crit Table field says. NPC/Monster sheet does not have this problem. Paladin sheet: should be Smite Die OR Attack Bonus. No easy way to separate them as they are now, and they are stacking when they shouldn't. Ditto for Ranger. Perhaps non-zero Smite/Ranger Deed die value in the macro automatically removes the Attack Bonus (ATK) from the calculation. Thrown weapons do not apply STR bonus at Short Range as they should. For Ranged Weapons, Medium Range should apply -2 to the attack roll; Long range should reduce the Attack Die by 1 step. If you hover over the Roll Template result, they both have "- 0 [Medium Range Penalty]" as part of the macro, but no net change to the actual result of the roll. At the same time, I'd like to make some Enhancement Requests for this sheet.  Not sure how you feel about that. In particular, I'm pretty sure that some of them require the use of the API, and I think your sheet as it stands does not require the API. So, I'm not sure if that means you don't want to work on it, or if you'd rather someone fork it and work on it separately, or what.  I don't have the skills to do this myself. Or at least I do not have sufficient spare time to learn those skills, use them for making enhancements like this, and still have time for running a game and all the other more important things in life like sleep, work, etc. :-) Individual Attack/Dmg modifiers per-weapon (separate the Attack Bonus from the Damage Bonus). There may be weapons with enchantments that have different Att/Dmg bonuses, or other considerations that may make these different. It reduces 'work-arounds'. Introduce a per-weapon 'Notes' field by the "backstab" button. (full width of Sheet). This will allow any special notes regarding the weapon to be placed nearby, rather than on the equipment list where it can be easily forgotten. Introduce a per-armor-piece 'Notes' field. (full width of Sheet). Much like the per-weapon Notes field. Fumble dice should probably include all dice from d2 up to d20; there are special items with their own properties that don't neatly follow basic equipment rules. Fumble Die on Core Stats page should automatically pull largest die from any armor with the 'worn' checkbox enabled. Automatic critical rolls should be an option for those who have imported the tables (to avoid manual referencing), with tables named I, II, III, IV, V, DR, DN, G, U, M. Real Rollable Tables API script can be assumed present. Automatic Fumble rolls should be an option for those who have imported the tables (to avoid manual referencing), with table named 'FumbleTable'. Healing HP roll should be applied to current HP There needs to be a Temporary HP field, possibly located beneath the Max HP field on the Core Stats page. The Enlarge spell can imbue Temp HP, and there needs to be a mechanism for it. Ideally, HP taken from the Current HP bubble on a token will automatically come from this field first if the Temp HP value is greater than 0. Need a notes field section under Saving Throws; character may have conditional bonuses they need to write up here. This could go for the NPC/Monster sheet too. Clerical/Paladin/Dwarf Priest Spell failures should automatically increment Disapproval, and roll on a Disapproval table accordingly (table name 'Disapproval') Spell Lost result should change Lost? value to Yes for that spell. Spell Check should make sure this value is No before rolling. Should be a reset button on the sheet to set all Lost values back to No after resting. Saving need to reflect current Action Die (or special Save Die value perhaps) Crit Range should be crit pips instead of a number value, so that it automatically is calculated when the attack die is changed.
Black Cavalier said: Hi, thank you so much for your great work on the DCC character sheets.  As a new DCC player, all the macros & automatedness really help out. I've noticed the following items that might be issues.   1) It seems the Attack macro button on the Weapons tab doesn't work for classes that don't use a Deed Die.  I've tried Attack button for the Thief, Wizard & Elf class.  In those 3 cases, when it's clicked, the pop up asks for the Deed Die & Any Attack Bonus, but then no dice or rolled & nothing shows up in the chat window.   I think this is caused by the Deed Die being included.  The Backstab button, which doesn't include the Deed Die, works properly.  & I was able to extract the script for the Attack button, & when I removed the Deed Die part, the script worked correctly. >>> You have to click through the pop-up before the dice will roll. 2) The Birth Augur section is missing about 7 of the Lucky Roll Signs & the Broken Star (Fumble) sign has 2 checkboxes. >>> The only Lucky Roll's present are ones that can be automated.  Situational ones like Saving Throws vs Poison, Mounted Attacks or Unarmed attacks were not included.  Broken Star (Fumble) has two checkboxes because fumbles work differently for attacks vs spells and the birth sign is for both.  Hovering over a checkbox should give a description of what each checkbox is for. 3) The Class tab for the Elf shows a Familiar section.  I don't see anything specific about Familiars in the Elf section in the DCC book, but I do see that it seems that Wizards can have familiars, so maybe the Familiar section is under the wrong class? >>> Elves are arcane casters and can get the familiar spell. 4) Similarly, the Elf Class tab shows a drop down for Momentum.  I didn't see anything about that in the Elf section in the book, so I don't know if that's under the correct class. >>> Elves are arcane casters and can have momentum spell duels with other arcane casters. Thanks again for your great work Black Cavalier
Anthony said: Yes, thank you so much for this new sheet.  It is very well done, and adds a lot of functionality compared to the old one. I too have noticed what appear to be some bugs--although I could be wrong. CritDie for the "1+ Level" sheet is not working. Critical hits from weapon attacks for PC's always state to use Table II when Crit Hit is rolled, regardless of which table the Crit Table field says. NPC/Monster sheet does not have this problem. >>> I did notice something odd about this is my game that I play in and will investigate. Paladin sheet: should be Smite Die OR Attack Bonus. No easy way to separate them as they are now, and they are stacking when they shouldn't. Ditto for Ranger. Perhaps non-zero Smite/Ranger Deed die value in the macro automatically removes the Attack Bonus (ATK) from the calculation. >>> Paladins, according to CRAWL where I got the class, have both an Attack bonus AND a smite die (since the smite die is situational).  The Ranger should have a value of 0 for the Attack Bonus listed on the front page because their attack bonus is rolled every time that they attack. Thrown weapons do not apply STR bonus at Short Range as they should. For Ranged Weapons, Medium Range should apply -2 to the attack roll; Long range should reduce the Attack Die by 1 step. If you hover over the Roll Template result, they both have "- 0 [Medium Range Penalty]" as part of the macro, but no net change to the actual result of the roll. >>> 2 and 3 are known issues that I'm working on fixing At the same time, I'd like to make some Enhancement Requests for this sheet.  Not sure how you feel about that. In particular, I'm pretty sure that some of them require the use of the API, and I think your sheet as it stands does not require the API. So, I'm not sure if that means you don't want to work on it, or if you'd rather someone fork it and work on it separately, or what.  I don't have the skills to do this myself. Or at least I do not have sufficient spare time to learn those skills, use them for making enhancements like this, and still have time for running a game and all the other more important things in life like sleep, work, etc. :-) Individual Attack/Dmg modifiers per-weapon (separate the Attack Bonus from the Damage Bonus). There may be weapons with enchantments that have different Att/Dmg bonuses, or other considerations that may make these different. It reduces 'work-arounds'. >>> I will add this to my list of Things to Do. Introduce a per-weapon 'Notes' field by the "backstab" button. (full width of Sheet). This will allow any special notes regarding the weapon to be placed nearby, rather than on the equipment list where it can be easily forgotten. >>> I will look into this.  This area is already super crowded though. Introduce a per-armor-piece 'Notes' field. (full width of Sheet). Much like the per-weapon Notes field. Fumble dice should probably include all dice from d2 up to d20; there are special items with their own properties that don't neatly follow basic equipment rules. >>> I can add this to my To Do list Fumble Die on Core Stats page should automatically pull largest die from any armor with the 'worn' checkbox enabled. >>> This is already on my To Do list Automatic critical rolls should be an option for those who have imported the tables (to avoid manual referencing), with tables named I, II, III, IV, V, DR, DN, G, U, M. Real Rollable Tables API script can be assumed present. >>> It already rolls the dice and references the table needed.  I do not have anything on the character sheet that requires API usage since not everyone can use APIs. Automatic Fumble rolls should be an option for those who have imported the tables (to avoid manual referencing), with table named 'FumbleTable'. >>> It already rolls the dice and references the table needed. I do not have anything on the character sheet that requires API usage since not everyone can use APIs. Healing HP roll should be applied to current HP There needs to be a Temporary HP field, possibly located beneath the Max HP field on the Core Stats page. The Enlarge spell can imbue Temp HP, and there needs to be a mechanism for it. Ideally, HP taken from the Current HP bubble on a token will automatically come from this field first if the Temp HP value is greater than 0. >>> I can add the first part to my To Do list.  As far as I understand, I can't change where tokens look for values. Need a notes field section under Saving Throws; character may have conditional bonuses they need to write up here. This could go for the NPC/Monster sheet too. >>> I can add this to my To Do list Clerical/Paladin/Dwarf Priest Spell failures should automatically increment Disapproval, and roll on a Disapproval table accordingly (table name 'Disapproval') >>> Not sure that this can be done without API. Spell Lost result should change Lost? value to Yes for that spell. Spell Check should make sure this value is No before rolling. Should be a reset button on the sheet to set all Lost values back to No after resting. >>> Not sure that this can be done without API Saving need to reflect current Action Die (or special Save Die value perhaps) >>>I can add this to my To Do list.  I've never seen saving throws go up or down the dice chain. Crit Range should be crit pips instead of a number value, so that it automatically is calculated when the attack die is changed. >>> I'm not sure what you talking about here.  What is a 'crit pip'?
"Paladins, according to CRAWL where I got the class, have both an Attack bonus AND a smite die (since the smite die is situational). The Ranger should have a value of 0 for the Attack Bonus listed on the front page because their attack bonus is rolled every time that they attack." According the description of Smite from Crawl #6: "Smite: The paladin has the ability to empower his weapon with divine power. Instead of a regular Attack bonus the paladin adds his Smite Die to attack and damage rolls (see Table P-1 : Paladin). Smite is limited to those deemed unholy by the paladin’s god." (emphasis mine) That seems pretty clear to me: Smite is instead of the regular attack bonus. Rangers, on the other hand, get only a Deed Die with either melee or ranged attacks depending on the Ranger's path. I personally find it a bit obscene that the Ranger gets nothing with the other class of weapons (melee/ranged)--making him worse than even the lowly Wizard with a very large class of weapons--and give him the Paladin's Attack bonus for his other class of weapons.  I know that is a House Rule though. Could be implemented exactly the same way as the Paladin's Attack bonus/Smite Die choice though, without affecting the rules-as-written with a Ranger's Attack bonus of 0. "I'm not sure what you talking about here. What is a 'crit pip'?" Sorry. I'm referring to pips on a die. Strictly speaking, it refers to the little dots on the faces of older style dice that don't have numbers. Let me clarify. What I'm referring to is something like the following. Non-warriors critically hit on a 20, all else being equal.  This is a range of 1 out of the die range of 20. You could perhaps have a Crit Range of "1" instead, and then dynamic calculation for critical "threat range" such that it's taken into account when the attack die changes, so when the attack die changes to d24, it knows automatically that your crit range is 24, or 30 on a d30, etc.  Same if you have a warrior with a 17-20 crit range; make this a 4, then it automatically becomes a 21-24 on a d24, etc. Saves making two changes every time the attack die is adjusted, that's all. I hope that clarifies things. Thanks for responding and taking into consideration my requests.
Looks like you've done some amazing work. I built the old sheet, and I have gotten some requests to update it. I don't have a paying subscription to Roll20 anymore. Here's hoping somebody picks up where I left off!