Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Advice from streamers?

I think I'm posting in the right spot.  I want to stream my next campaign or save it in some way so I can share it with the world. I know there's a roll20 wiki article but I'd love to get some perspective from folks who stream. What does your setup look like? Which tools do you prefer? Which platform do you use? (Twitch, youtube, etc). I've watched a few Roll20 streams from Adam and others and I'd like to set up my stream like that where the players have "picture" frames around them and it looks nice graphically.  I've used OBS in the past to save my sessions but when I upload to youtube the quality is terrible. Any advice or helpful suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Edited 1505521668
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have streamed, but only as proof-of-concept. I much prefer to record with OBS, do a rough edit with iMovie and upload the composite to Youtube. What are you losing quality-wise?