Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API recommendation request...

Hi. I'm a new pro user and eager to include a few new api's in my games. I have absolutely no experience with coding the scripts but a little with very simple macros. What I'm currently trying to achieve is to find an 'attribute modifier' type script. This will be used in conjunction with the OLG d&d character sheet. I specifically wanted to be able to change players GOLD level when they're shopping or ordering a few small drinks from a tavern. In an ideal world, I would combine it with a macro of somw sort where i could select a player token, and then hit a macro button where it would query how much gold to add or remove (raise or lower the gp attribute) with positive or negative numbers types . And... if possible, then give a status update in the chatbox. E.g. - Player xxx has +44 Gp. New total is 144gp Please note. I have seen one referenced here (By sam), but my thick brain has no idea how to actually use it! Thanks!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
CharSetAttr by Jakob is the defacto standard for such. Ammo by me will also do it, but not quite as nicely. 

Edited 1505523417
Just to check. Are you referring to Cha t SetAttr? I'm not being pedantic. I juat wanted to confirm it... thanks <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3737514/script-chatsetattr-set-character-attributes-via-chat-messages" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3737514/script-chatsetattr-set-character-attributes-via-chat-messages</a>
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yup! &nbsp;That's the one! =D

Edited 1505528567
Silvyre
Forum Champion
The Aaron said: CharSetAttr I see someone has API Scripts starting with 'Char' on their mind...