Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFG - PFDR/4E/Next/FATE

Orphansmith
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
Hey, experienced player looking for a group, but, if possible, play-by-post. I'm not sure if roll20 can support such a system however.
If you trust all your players I could see play-by-post working though there is no notification feature.
Orphansmith
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
Ok, so I don't have to be logged in to my games all the time for players to post?
Correct. Anyone you give your game URL to can jump on at any point and control anything you've given them control over. They can also use the chat box. You just don't have a good way to track what they've done. This highlights again that you need to trust the people you play with. Or if you don't create a "Title" page and stick the players flag there when you aren't in game so your players can't break stuff.
Orphansmith
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
Ah, cool. Well I run a FATE game in real life and I'm now thinking it might be fun to have some supplementary stuff online, so it's not like I have to worry about characters moving their pieces into opportune spaces on the map, or them changing enemies. Really I'm thinking one page that's the main map with their icons keeping track of where they are. Maybe use the avatar tokens for FATE point tracking too. I won't have to worry about them cheating cause I know where they all live. }:D
Awesome, we'd love screenshots, descriptions, etc when you get this up and running. It is always fun to see how people are using the system.