Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][D&D5e][CST] Looking for a Tues/Thurs after 5pm and/or Sunday afternoon 5e Group/Game

Edited 1505749065
Hi, I'm Greg and I'm an Old School AD&D player/dm who lost track of all my DnD friends years ago looking to start playing again in a 5e game/campaign. One Shots, Campaigns, whatever, I just want to play. Hadn't played in 20+ years and then my girlfriends daughter watched Stranger Things and asked me if I've ever played DnD before. BOOM I'm back in. :-) Been playing/learning 5e in a IRL group for the past 6 months or so until recently so I'm still learning some of the nuances but I get it in general. Would love to play through some of the book modules/campaigns and adaptations of the old school modules that I missed out on during my hiatus. (All of them besides ToA, I'll be starting that one in the next month or two.) Been learning the Roll20 system for the last month or two and will eventually start DMing but want to get a better grasp on the 5e rules first. I bought LMoP but would love to still go through that too so I can see how others do it. I will not meta game, just want to see it run.. (Along with all the other Wizards stuff, did the original Ravenloft back in the day, would love to play through CoS with a good group/dm) I'm most comfortable playing rogues and rangers (can't wait til the revised ranger is allowable) but will play just about anything if it helps the party. Not up on my spell casters yet but I'm working on it. I'm probably 75% action / 25% role playing. I'm available Tuesday/Thursday nights after 5pm CST or Sunday afternoons after 1PM CST. I have a early morning job (IT) so would prefer to not play past 10pm CST unless it's a special occasion.. Looking forward to some good times. Greg
Hi Greg! I have a paid group on Sunday afternoons that's currently running Lost Mines, they're just 2 sessions in. There's one last slot remaining, would you be interested to join it? Here's the details and benefits I'm offering: My rates are $5 / hour. Max 5 hours/session. It's not the lowest, but not astronomical either. Equate it to buying movie tickets. I do this full time, and have 30+ happy players. You are welcome to meet them yourself. My groups are stable and have never collapsed. That's the main value and attraction I offer. My players range from new (first games ever were with me) to old school (D&D 1e). I'm always available for discussion and help, no charge. No more applying to a dozen games hoping to get accepted to one. No flaky teammates or DMs. Flaky players get removed ASAP from my sessions. No real life interruptions on the DMs side (barring absolute emergencies). No oversized parties that take forever to do anything. You finally get to play a regular, consistent long-term campaign and build up your character and his/her backstory, without worrying the group is going to die next session. You are of course free to decline I understand that some people have limited budgets and others just don't agree with the concept. That's fine, and if you are one of those, I sincerely wish you the best of luck in finding a game that fits you.
Thanks for the offer but I just got out of a P2P game and it was not what I was looking for, especially in a world of free games. I also don't want to come in to an already running game if possible, I want my character to be mine, not just a continuation of someone else's vision.
There's no character to take over, you'd be playing your own. But no worries if it's not for you :)

Edited 1505743153
Dennis is thirsty for P2P jeez. I'm looking for one player Thursday 5:30pm EST.  Here's the details and benefits I'm offering: My rates are $0 / hour. Max 4 hours/session, Charging for DnD is ridiculous- I provide everything you will need in 5e I do this part time, and have 3+ happy players. You are welcome to meet them yourself. My groups are stable and have never collapsed. That's the main value and attraction I offer, mostly because I make the game enjoyable. My players range from new (first games ever were with me) to old school (D&D 1e). I'm always available for discussion and help, no charge, nor should there ever be.  No more applying to a dozen games hoping to get accepted to one.   No flaky teammates or DMs. Flaky players get removed ASAP from my sessions. No real life interruptions on the DMs side (barring absolute emergencies). No oversized parties that take forever to do anything. You finally get to play a regular, consistent long-term campaign and build up your character and his/her backstory, I can't guarantee your party won't die, mostly its up to you guys what you want to do. Dying is one of those options.  The choice is yours hope to see/hear from you soon. Thanks for the Template Dennis
Shawn, what kind of adventures do you run? I'd really like to get in on one of the Wizards campaigns on the ground floor but would do smaller adventures/one shots until I can find the right group/campaign. What is the make up of the rest of the party so far? (ie, do you need a ranger or thief?) Dennis, I'd also like to do the whole campaign if possible so I know what's going on, sounds like I'd be coming in after that in yours.
Added that I'd love to play any of the Wizards Campaigns EXCEPT ToA, I'll be doing that with my Monday night group within the next month or so. thanks, Greg
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I'm recruiting players for either Sunday or Tuesday nights for a Tomb of Annihilation campaign (starting at level 1). I don't do Pay to Play,  but I do offer a tip bucket that all goes back into the campaign. It's fully optional, and not expected at all,  however much appreciated when donations come in. Generally my players tip 5-10 per session,  but not all of them, and not always do they tip,  and they can not pay ever and I'll be fine with it.  The campaign offers all of the above stuff from Dennis's's's's template, plus I get custom tokens created for all of my Tipping Players. Currently I have 4 players, 2 for Sunday nights,  2 for Tuesday nights.  Both nights will be ran once I fill up (I cap at 5 players - but give the players the option for the 5th - if one player says cap at 4 we cap at 4). I gave option to join to some of the group hubs I'm associated with for 1st options to join,  and am putting out an LFG tomorrow for it. Start time is up for debate with the group,  bit stays inside the 5-8pm EST start time and will run for 4-5 hours per session. If you are interested, feel free to PM me.  Again,  it's Tip option,  not obligated,  and every penny and then some goes back into the campaign.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
***I just saw the most recent post which must have been dropped while I was typing, stating any WotC campaign besides ToA.  Sorry
Thanks for the reply Munky, unfortunately, or fortunately, I already have a group that is going to be doing the ToA so I'm going to have to pass on that 1. Thanks