This is a "Tip the DM" Game of TOMBS OF ANNIHILATION Dedicated Players Invested in Character Deveopment Top Quality DMing with Custom Art Tipping is not required each session, but appreciated- However you should plan to tip at least once or twice a month I am also starting a FREE TO JOIN Discord Community Hub for future Campaigns I am also organizing a SEPARATE PAY TO PLAY GLADIATORS ARENA as well, including Rewards and Leader boards! *This game will require an optional payment to the Game Master at a suggested rate of $5-10 tip per session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. No player will be turned down for not tipping every week, but it is expected to at least tip occasionally.* * What are we Playing? * This campaign will be designed to mix a few WotC modules Plus Custom made material sprinkled into the game. I will be taking Plot Points mainly from the new Tomb of Annihilation WotC Module, and it will be mainly a campaign based off of that story line, but will have pieces from the Tales of the Yawning Portal, as well as Motives from the Storm King Thunder module in place as well (Spoilers- there's Giants seeking the cause of the Death Curse for their own reasons). There will be many random encounters, NPCs to interact with, and new areas to discover that are custom made to tailor the campaign this evolves into. If this campaign does evolve into something else, I am prepared to take it into the direction the Players choose. This is a Sandbox style of play, with a balance of Exploration, Strategy, and Interaction. We will be fully immersing ourselves into the Forgotten Realms, starting in the Sword Coast headed into the Chult, where we will be exploring the great unknown in search of the cause of the Death Curse. * When are we Playing? * This is still up in the air. I have 4 players wanting in at the moment, 2 wanting to do EVERY OTHER Sunday, and 2 wanting to run on Tuesdays. Nothing is set in stone yet, However, this will not become a MONDAY campaign, as I have my Ongoing Campaign of 4 years running on that night, And it will not be a Thursday or Friday Game as I have Ninja Duties on Thursday and Friday Evenings. I am Open to running Weekly on Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays, and Sundays (every other week- and I can fill each Sunday with a separate group each running Alternate weeks). Starting Times for all campaigns will be VOTED on by the Participating Players for that group. That start time will range from 5-8pm EST depending on the vote, and will run 4-5 hours per session (or until we are all gassed) * What is my DM Style? * I am a fun and dedicated DM. I play loose to the rules, and use them as a guideline. I don't bend the rules often, but if the rules feel like they are over complicating things, I bend them to create a funner experience. I do not over discuss Mechanics in game either. When Rules bend, they are done so to improve quality of gaming, not to create a discussion and slow the game down. Expect to be allowed to play as any race or class from any official WotC material from core books, to Unearthed Arcana. As new material is released, options are always open to use them. If what you are wanting to play is not available, we can work together to get you playing what you want to play. Any Custom Made characters are subject to GROUP approval, however. I tend to give challenging encounters to my players. I am not a cruel DM, and I do not try to TPK my players. If bad decisions are made, PC deaths DO occur however. I highly encourage RP as well. I am not a voice actor, but I do try to get into voice sometimes. When a group gets into RP, the game becomes a lot more meaningful. Descriptive Scenes and Interactive NPCs are a top priority to me. I try my hardest to keep the world setting a living breathing entity that is fully interactive. I do a lot of improv in my games. Detailed fight scenes, Emotions, Fully Immersive Surroundings, and Captivating Storytelling are my goals. * What do I expect from My Players? * 1) Top and foremost, I require my Players to respect each other, as well as me as the DM. I will not tolerate Bullying, Racism, Sexism, Condescending Attitudes, Rule Nazis, or any other form of behavior that takes away from the game and makes this an unenjoyable experience for me or my players. This is one of my passions, and it is a hobby, as well should be for all of my players. Any Player that is not contributing to make it enjoyable for all will be dismissed permanently. This is one of the main reasons I am making this a "Tip to Play" atmosphere, as to keep this group of players and myself as the DM engaged and to make the time we spend in game to the top quality it can possibly be. 2) Discord, A working Microphone, and a Good Internet Connection. I know not all the time will the audio gods be shining on us all, but if you know you have a tendency to drop calls, or have constant background noise and cant figure out the Push to Talk, it can become distracting to the game. Thats not to say there will never be background noises, I know I will have a kid in my background occasionally, but it should be kept to a minimum and courtesy should be used at all times possible. 3) Fluency in English. We will be using Voice in game, and everyone should be able to understand each other. I have no problems with accents, but as long as you know how to communicate efficiently. That is all I ask. 4) Be on time and NEVER pull a no call no show. Sessions may be missed occasionally, and I will do my best to keep the game running in the event someone is unavailable to play one evening, however if it becomes a common occurrence for a player to not be able to make it to the sessions on time, you will be warned one time, and then removed from the group. This is a game that involves several people dedicating their time, and who are willing to contribute financially to the group, so everyone needs to be on time and ready to play. Each session will have a 10 minute grace period at the start of the session to chat with each other, but after that, the game begins, and if you are late, expect to be given a warning or removed from the group if it is a common thing for you. If you have to miss a session for any reason, be courteous and give the group a heads up notice. We will have a Discord Server with a channel dedicated to announcements so if you cant make it one night, communicate to us! I know I will have my Mother In Law come stay with us for a week at a time about every other month, so there will be a week we will take a break every so often, and I will always give at least a weeks notice when that will be. I expect my Players to do the same. Last minute things and emergencies happen and they need to be communicated as well. 5) Dedication, Immersion, and Attentiveness. I require my players to be involved at the table. I want you all to have the best experience possible, and that takes more than just me. That takes each player to be involved to fully gather that experience. I will make sure everyone gets their spotlight, and if any player ever feels they don't get their share, let me know in private, and I will ensure that they become more involved. I don't require Voice Acting, but I surely don't frown on it. I do expect you all to be in character. 6) Work together! I won't DM for a Player that will not work with the group. Characters might have quarrels, and that is fine, but if you are the type of player that purposely creates conflict, that will not be tolerated. If your Character decides they do not like their group, or wants to go a different direction they will be left behind. Some solo events may happen, especially In Town, but we must always be respective of the group as a whole. These are all reasons I am making this a "Tip to Play" group! Respect these rules, and I can promise a fun and memorable campaign for all of us . *Standard Pay to Play rates I have observed* I have been paying attention to this market for a while now, and the rate seems to be widely ranged. I have seen DMs charge as much as $10 an hour per player. I would never ask that much, as that would be $40-50 per player PER session, and if I ran a weekly session that would feel outrageous. I have seen DMs offer a group rate ranging from $30-40 per session and even up to $100. I have seen DMs charge $5-10 per session per player, and that seems to be the most common rate. I feel that is an appropriate range, however I do not feel it should be an obligated payment or else you are booted. There are weeks that some players may not be able to afford to pay, and that is fine, however I would expect there to be a tip from each player at least once a month. The amount given is up to each player individually, and will be kept in confidentiality. I do not want any players feeling obligated to tip a large amount for any reason other than they felt like it was deserved. I also don't want any players feeling guilty for NOT tipping appropriately or often enough. There is a lot of time and effort involved with each game, and while I am not a perfect DM by any means, I am a devoted DM, and I utilize several advanced features from the Roll20 Platform, as well as invest a lot of time and money into my campaigns. I have a group of players I have DMed for over 4 years. That wasn't started as a "Tip to Play" game, but they have contributed to the funds throughout the years. With that being said, that is a statement on it's own , as I have had 4 players play an ONLINE campaign with me as a group for 4 years, and they have taken it upon themselves to Tip me, and gift things to me. That should speak for itself with the quality of DM that I am. While I do Art for Roll20, I am always creating things for my campaigns too. Not everything I create makes it to the Marketplace, but the time is input into this craft of mine none the less. On an average week, I spend 30-40 hours creating Marketplace assets, and 10-20 hours additionally is poured into campaign prep, art, and research. At my disposal I have Every Roll20 Module that I have purchased, as well as over $500 worth of OTHER artists art (because I can't make everything all the time, and other artists deserve payment just as much as I do). Add in the monthly subscription and I have invested well over 1k in this site alone. That is not to mention the endless amount of PDFs and other supplements I have purchased from other sites like Paizo, Kobold Press, and several others, plus the Physical copies of books I own (I won't mention my extensive collection of Miniatures as that is not pertained to Online Play... wait... I mentioned it.... Oh well). While I do not expect a reimbursement of my hobby, I am very happy to take contributions to continue expanding it. If you would like to join in my Upcoming Campaign of "Tomb of Annihilation" You will need to read and understand ALL OF THE ABOVE, and Fill out a "Player Application" in the LFG Forum. I will be conducting Voice interviews with each player to go over a few things from Schedules, Answering Questions about the campaign, as well as getting a feel of each other and to test the quality of your Mic. If you would like the opportunity to be put on a list for future campaigns I run and be given the opportunity to join before a Public LFG is created, or to join my Discord Channel and be involved in this community I am building, Fill out an Application For "Community Application" in the LFG Forums. I plan to run Curse of Strahd, several One Shots, and a full Homebrew Campaign that I will work together with Selected Players from my community, as well as the Players in that Game to create a custom setting for, as well as I am developing a Pay to Play PvP style Arena Campaign offering rewards to the winners that will soon be unveiled in the near future. I will be conducting a short Text Based interview with each applicant for the community before inviting anyone. Trolls will be removed with extreme prejudice. Inactive Participants will also be removed in a courteous manner. The community Server is Free, and no expectation of "tipping" or other method will ever be implemented there. Invites to future "Tip to Play" Campaigns and One Shots will be given to the community first. *This game will require an optional payment to the Game Master at a suggested rate of $5-10 tip per session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. No player will be turned down for not tipping every week, but it is expected to at least tip occasionally.* LINK TO THE PLAYER APPLICATION: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5548620/player-a" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5548620/player-a</a>...