Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [D&D5e] Easy One Shot - The Wolves of Welton - Sunday, October 1, at 2 PM CT

Edited 1505875026
Lex
Pro
Closed for new applications. Sorry! I am a GM looking to start a group for an easy D&D 5e one shot (a game that takes only one session to complete). This is great for beginners, and players new to tabletop RPGs are welcome. I am not a very experienced GM so I will need patience from the players as I will be patient with them. I have played hundreds of hours of tabletop RPGs and GMed for about a dozen hours, but not GMed on Roll20 before. Date/time is subject to change. Please apply here. 18+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. If you've never made a character, pre-generated ones are available. Decide what class you want to play. Class synergy is not important for this adventure, so any is fine. If you have made a character before and would like to use a custom one, send me your sheet for a 2nd-level PC. Pre-generated character sheets are at&nbsp; <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/character_sheets" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/character_sheets</a> Pick any of the 16 pre-generated characters and use the 2nd-level sheet. If you've never played D&D 5e before, checkout this video series:&nbsp; How to Play Dungeons and Dragons 5e The free&nbsp; Basic Rules for D&D 5e contain all the rules you need to get started without spending any money:&nbsp; <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules</a> Please read the Introduction, Chapter 1, and Chapters 7-10 before the game. Did you know? Being a GM takes a lot of work, and buying material for the group can add up. Players chipping in helps out a lot. After the one shot, I am planning to start a group for the 5e Starter Set adventure, The Lost Mines of Phandelver.
Hello there. My name is Alex. I'm a complete newbie in tabletop RPG games. I watched Harmonquest, a show where they play D&D, and I got really interested in it. I always thought those games are daunting and hard. After I read about it and watched some tutorials I realized that it's not that bad and storytelling is most important. I love that. I played a lot of RPG video games and am a great fan of LOTR and ASOIAF, I love epic fantasies. I found your session to be a cool place to start. I would need some help when starting but I'm sure I would learn quickly. Hopefully, you pick me for your adventure, in the meantime, I'm going to watch the rest of that video series you recommended, and read those basic rules. Cheers. :)
Hi my name is Ian. It's been a while since I've played D&D and just recently got the itch to play again. I played a lot of AD&D 2E back in the day and also D&D 3.5E. I skipped 4E after reading the rules. 5E looks like a game that I would enjoy so I'm excited to get my feet wet. It'll also to be nice to start out fresh and relearn the rules after being away from the game for so long. I really enjoy the roleplaying aspect over anything else. I prefer the martial and skill based classes (barbarian, ranger, rogue) over the spell casters, but I'll play anything to keep the party dynamic balanced. Thanks for considering me for your game. :)
Hi my name is Jorg. I've been DMing my own game for about 1.5 years now so I have a good understanding of the rules and what makes a player a good player. I would love to join your game so I can play instead of DM. My favorite thing about the game is roleplaying and I try to put a lot of effort in to making my character interresting and fun. I would love to play a druid or a monk. Depending on what suits the party and the adventure. I hope i get to play with you. Have a nice day ;)
Hello there Lex, Congrats on graduating to DMing, we can't have games without you. While I myself won't be playing this one shot could be a good start for my other friend who's wanted to get back into Roleplaying but doesn't know where to start. If you'll have her, I'll ask her if she'd like to join.

Edited 1505843773
hi there! i've played 3.5e and Pathfinder before. the rules for 5e look super fun, and i'm very interested in playing in your one-shot (and hopefully that campaign, too)! i haven't assembled a character sheet yet, but am fiddling with one now. any starter guidelines?&nbsp; edit: i'll probably build a druid or a fighter :'3
Hello. I'm Thomas, and I've played D&D a few times over the last several years, just not recently. I'm very excited for the opportunity of playing in a one shot to get back into it. I have experience with both 5E's rule set and with the Roll20 app, and have been an avid fan of rollplaying for quite some time. I'm also able and comfortable helping others who may be new or not used to the new system. Based off what others have expressed interest in, I would offer up a cleric or a wizard for myself, though I'm happy to fill out a party as needed. How do you want us to send you our character sheets, or would you rather players use the pre-generated ones? Thanks for looking this over, and for the time and effort in putting together a game!
Hi! My name is Russell and I've been looking for an easy one shot to join so that i can get into D&D. I know the rules for the most part and would love to join your group. The character that i have in mind is a human/dragonborn Great Old One warlock, but i havent made a charcter sheet yet.

Edited 1505851174
Hello, my name is Zavier and I have about a year or two of experience&nbsp;playing 5e and played 4e for a couple of years as well. I haven't&nbsp;had much of a chance to play any in the past year or so and this looked like a very interesting one shot. I'm&nbsp;open to playing just about anything class/role-wise (although I will admit to being a caster at heart) and love the roleplaying aspects of the game. I'm&nbsp;also more than willing to help other players out if they have need of it. Thank you for the consideration and good on you for taking the initiative&nbsp;to DM a game, it can be quite difficult but it pays off well.
The Roaming Gnoll
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Hi there, not sure if there is still room but thought I'd toss my hat into the ring. I've been playing 5e for the last couple years with some pathfinder, fourth edition and a smattering of other systems before that. I am trying to familiarize myself with roll20 and hope to be running some one shots in the near future. If there is still space available, I'd be happy to fill whatever role needed. Sounds like there isn't much interest in the arcane based on what people have already posted. Halfing warlock or wizard sounds fun but I'm good with whatever. Thanks for the consideration and happy gaming either way.
Hi, I'm pepper and new to playing D&D or any tabletop game for that matter. &nbsp;Recently i have gotten into watching Critical Role on Youtube and it's really sparked my interest in the game as it just looks so much fun. &nbsp;I'd prefer to not play as a spell caster but if it's needed i don't mind stepping up to the plate :) &nbsp;I'm happy to learn all aspects of the game and hope to get the chance to play your one shot. &nbsp;

Edited 1505875176
Lex
Pro
Thank you all for the applications. I'm glad to have received more than I expected! At this point there are 10 people wanting to play, so I was thinking of running it twice, possibly Sat/Sun, or Sun/Mon, or Sun/following Sun. Any class is welcome. I don't think class synergy will be that important, so no need for a Cleric if you don't want to play one. Please pick what class you want. I'd also ask that you find an image or token to play with. Note that this is not a learn the rules group, because you can do that on your own time. We will begin right with the adventure. I expect players to have a very basic understanding of D&D and know how to make attack rolls, roll for initiative, make a Dex save, know their spells, and know movement. You don't have to know the rules backwards and forwards, but please spend at least 45 minutes reading the Basic Rules sections I outlined in the first post and watching the YouTube series if you've never played an RPG before. @petrin for a beginner I'd recommend just using a pre-generated one. Since you've played before though, feel free to try your hand at crafting a character sheet. I've got no major guidelines other than 2nd-level and you must use the variant point buy for abilities scores. @Knephertiti Pre-gens or custom character sheets, it's up to you. You can send me the sheet via PM. @ កែវវាសនា Can your friend post here? I could probably include her in the second group.
Lex said: @petrin for a beginner I'd recommend just using a pre-generated one. Since you've played before though, feel free to try your hand at crafting a character sheet. I've got no major guidelines other than 2nd-level and you must use the variant point buy for abilities scores. i'm pretty comfortable building my own :'3 thanks!
((er, just to clarify, 27 point buy?))
petrin said: ((er, just to clarify, 27 point buy?)) Yes.
awesome, thanks :'3&nbsp;

Edited 1505947523
Lex
Pro
A first group for Sunday was formed: Alex, Ian, Jorg, petrin, and Knephertiti. @Sergeant_Wafflez, Zavier, David, Pepper, Dato, and&nbsp;កែវវាសនា's friend: I would like to form a second group for Wednesday Sept 27 at 2pm. This could be changed to 4pm. Let me know if the time works or if we should move it. If enough people can't work either time slot, I will change the date.
I unfortunately cant do Wednesdays
Zavier C. said: I unfortunately cant do Wednesdays Dato F. said: I wouldn't be able to do it during the week, sorry. It would be helpful if you said what days/times do work for you.
Iops thought I mentioned that. Any time on sundays&nbsp;
I will move it to Sunday, October 1, at 2 PM. @Sergeant_Wafflez, Zavier, David, Pepper, Dato, and កែវវាសនា's friend: Are you interested in playing then?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Lex said: I will move it to Sunday, October 1, at 2 PM. Title updated for you.
Lex said: I will move it to Sunday, October 1, at 2 PM. @Sergeant_Wafflez, Zavier, David, Pepper, Dato, and កែវវាសនា's friend: Are you interested in playing then Absolutely yes

Edited 1506126653
The Roaming Gnoll
Plus
Marketplace Creator
That should work for me. Do you think it'll be longer than 3 hours?
David C. said: That should work for me. Do you think it'll be longer than 3 hours? I'd estimate 3-4 hours. It depends how experienced the group is, and how much time is spent roleplaying. I ran it with a group of 4 completely new tabletop players who didn't know the rules and it took about 4 and a half hours. I will have a better sense after tomorrow's group runs it.
Dato F. said: Should we be on the lookout for next weeks game in the listing? Nah. I'll send you all a PM when I make it with a link to join.
I am sorry to report, but I am going to cancel the second group. There were a few problems with attendance of the first and I'm not sure I want to run this module again. I am going to try to improve things a bit for the next thing I run. Sorry.
The Roaming Gnoll
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Thanks anyway Dude. Happy Gaming