Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Roll20 Marketplace Content Pricing vs Fantasy Grounds

I notice that there is now a huge price difference in marketplace content prices for Roll20 compared to the Fantasy Grounds equivalent. For example, Tomb of Annihilation for Roll20 is $49.95.  FG has this at $24.99.  This is now the same for many of the add-ons for FG, especially for D&D stuff.  What is the justification for this, and why can't Roll20 be more competitive in its pricing to FG, given that Roll20 has a much larger customer base (I believe)?  I have never seen anything at discounted prices in Roll20 in the near 4 years I've been a subscriber.  Is it because the Roll20 overhead so much higher than FG, or are there other forces at play? 
To address your concerns directly-- Roll20's pricing model is based on our belief that we make a high value product (spending over an hour per page in man hours properly adapting the work) which gets a great deal of use from not only the purchaser, but their players. That said, this thread is being closed for promotion of outside sales items . At this time Roll20 is maintaining our pricing-- as is consistent with our sales model since launch. We will absolutely inform the community of any changes.