Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with Derived Target number

I've been working on a custom sheet (based off of the palladium one here, but with a lot of the math already handled for the player), and I've come to a bit of an issue Save vs Coma/Death rolls are a d100 based, best 2 out of 3, where you try and roll under an attribute value.  there are also things that can give you a bonus to the limit of your roll (i.e. a +20% to the save means that instead of trying to get under, say, 30%, now they are trying to roll under 50%).  the formula for the pe-derived bonus is a pain, but I've managed to get a working formula that will auto-calculate it:  The correct value shows up elsewhere on the sheet when needed, and is even used in some other basic formulas such as compiling two or more bonuses for a total.  However, when I attempt to use this value in the target number of a target number roll, I get back errors.  here's what I have so far from the pe attribute section, where the value pe_bonus_comadeath is calculated <tr> <td><h5>P.E.</h5></td> <td><input type="number" value="" name="attr_pe" /></td> <td>+<input type="number" value="(@{pe_bonus_ptm})" name="attr_pe_display_ptm" disabled="true"/> vs Posions, Toxins, & Magic, +<input type="number" value="(@{pe_bonus_comadeath})" name="attr_pe_display_comadeath" disabled="true"/>% vs Coma/Death</td> <input type="hidden" value="(ceil(floor(@{pe}/16)/(floor(@{pe}/16)+1)))" name="attr_pe_lim1"/> <input type="hidden" value="(ceil(floor(@{pe}/31)/(floor(@{pe}/31)+1)))" name="attr_pe_lim2"/> <input type="hidden" value="(ceil(floor(@{pe}/19)/(floor(@{pe}/19)+1)))" name="attr_pe_lim3"/> <input type="hidden" value="((1-@{pe_lim2})*(@{pe_lim1})*(floor((@{pe}-14)/2)))+((@{pe_lim2})*8)" name="attr_pe_bonus_ptm"/> <input type="hidden" value="((1-@{pe_lim2})*(((@{pe_lim1})*(@{pe}-12))+((@{pe_lim3})*(@{pe}-18})))+(@{pe_lim2}*@{pe}))" name="attr_pe_bonus_comadeath"/> </tr> and here's from the saves section, specifically for Coma/Death save <tr> <td style="text-align:left"><h5>Coma/Death</h5></td> <td><input type="number" value="(@{pe_bonus_comadeath})" name="attr_save_comadeath_pe" disabled="true" /></td> <td><input type="number" value="0" name="attr_save_comadeath_other" /></td> <td><input type="number" value="(@{pe_bonus_comadeath}+@{save_comadeath_other})" name="attr_save_comadeath_bonus" disabled="true" /></td> <td><input type="number" value="(@{save_comadeath_target})" name="attr_save_comadeath_target_display" disabled="true" /></td> <input type="hidden" value="(@{pe}+@{save_comadeath_bonus})" name="attr_save_comadeath_target" /> <td><button type="roll" value="/em @{character_name}'s Save vs. Coma/Death [[ 3d100<[[ @{save_comadeath_pe}+@{save_comadeath_other}+@{pe} ]] ]]" ></button></td> </tr> I've tried doing the save_comadeath_target and save_comadeath_bonus, and both have failed, which has lead me to believe that the issues is specifically with save_comadeath_pe, but I can't seem to understand what is going wrong here.  Every time I try, I get SyntaxError: Expected ")", ".", "[", "d", "e", "t", [ |\t], [+|\-|*|\/|%] or [0-9] but "}" found. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited 1506042739
You've a curly brace next to 18 in your attr_pe_bonus_comadeath declaration: ...*(@{pe}-18 } ))... <input type="hidden" value="((1-@{pe_lim2})*(((@{pe_lim1})*(@{pe}-12))+((@{pe_lim3})*(@{pe}-18})))+(@{pe_lim2}*@{pe}))" name="attr_pe_bonus_comadeath"/> Was able to get it to work modifying  this sheet . (FWIW, it took me a solid 2+ hours as I pursued some imaginary loophole dealing with nested declarations. Even went so far as to break down your formulas to see if it could be faked in the roll macro... and I wasn't already neck deep in redeveloping the sheet :) )
OMFG - it has taken me hours and I hadn't even looked for that as it had been showing the right numbers everywhere else.  Thank you a ton! Indeed, it works like a charm now.