Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Buying Anonymous Gifts (Marketplace)

So its not a bug but a concern. Last year I bought an anonymous pro membership for a DM but had to tell him because the confirmation email had gone to spam. This year I bought from the marketplace instead. Now I want to know will the Modules and compendium entries be added to his account automatically? Or will I need to possibly give away myself again and tell him to check his email?
As someone who has bought Modules and add-ons to the compendium, I can say that you will most probably need to tell him. Even when buying regularly you do not see any popup telling you that you got something new until you actually decide to either make a new game and check the Module or search the compendium and find it there. Unless told otherwise there is a high chance he would not know, but I may be wrong. You can always make a secondary account/email and use those in the guise of a mysterious stranger, at least that's what I did a little while back when I wanted to gift someone while staying anonymous.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Brother Sharp said: You can always make a secondary account/email and use those in the guise of a mysterious stranger, at least that's what I did a little while back when I wanted to gift someone while staying anonymous. +1

Edited 1506290758
Well at least I found out he has it.]. We were playing and he dragged a monster out of the compendium and it gave him the token. However even after I dropped a subtle hint about whether tokens were normal or not he didn't realise. I'd leave it at that, but he won't realise he can search the monsters from Volo's guide if he doesn't check. I can't email him sadly as we met on roll20 and never shared emails, I'll certainly think about making a new account.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Another option would be to ask someone who is uninvolved in the game to Private Message him.  I'm sure any one of the moderators would be happy to drop him a "Someone in the community wanted to anonymously let you know..."